Hunter pet training

This is such a creative idea. Having to go out into the wild to find a pet that has the ability you want for your ride-or-die pet, learning it through combat, then teaching it to them. It so well fits the RPG nature of a Hunter.

I just discovered this was in the game, because I had no idea. I’m brand new to Classic. Why did they abandon this idea? It’s not very well explained, but they could have made that way more interesting in retail.

There could have been whole questlines dedicated to learning some kind of important apex ability that applies to you and your pet. They could have made it warbound or w/e but come on, this is just fun. Why take it out completely?

Was it just that people like me are too stupid to even realize you have to do it? My Hunter is 22 and from 10-20 my pet was literally just using growl. I started to wonder why he wasn’t getting any attacking abilities but I would have never figured this all out on my own. But like…a simple tooltip would be enough and then you have a whole new world of fun stuff to do.

There’s even an addon I got that tells you what abilities go to what pet types and what levels are required and where the animals are located. It even shows them on the map!

THATS FUN.

Why take that out!? I took a break from retail until today to play Classic for funsies. Stuff like this is why I’m hopelessly addicted…again. And now, I don’t even know if i care about season 2 of Midnight anymore lol.

8 Likes

Welcome to Classic Era!

4 Likes

As much as I like mythic plus, retail has removed so many aspects of the game that make it feel like an RPG and replaced it with a bunch of dumb bloat.

Happy hunting! I thoroughly enjoyed taking care of my little pets. Sometimes it was annoying learning a higher rank of claw or bite but overall very enjoyable and unique to the class!

4 Likes

A great many things are this way in classic, its a great reason to level and experience all the different classes, they all do something different in how they are RP interactive.

There are 8 classes, each taking between 120 and 200 hours /played on the average depending on the path you take and what faction you play.

That is 960 to 1600 hours of for sure entertainment in the leveling experience alone from a 21 year old game. Enjoy!

3 Likes

:dracthyr_sweat:

1 Like