Hunter pet survivability in twisting corridors

I currently just finished layer 7 solo of twisting corridors. I have to say though. If you get soulforge later on like I did (floor 13-18) be prepared for some headache. the issue I have is that the anima orb that you throw at a flame tender only gives you resistance to fire not the pet. It was getting to the point where it was just becoming comical when my pet would get one shot by one fireball or firebolt. Anyone else have issues with these casters? As a hunter I had to do so many tricks just to survive the 5x flame tender /firecaller pack. My pet would die instantly when I rez it because it just can’t survive anything later on. (Last boss one shot my pet over and over again. Thank God for slowing tar trap. It just feels bad when your pet feels so weak even after 104 anima powers. Anyone else have issues with their pets doesn’t have to be Hunter.

1 Like

Jesus so glad I’m skipping this content completely

I was working on twisting corridors on my hunter and even late layer 2 i was seeing these issues. For many classes unless you take a TON of hp, you really wont scale into the end well.

Hunters scale fine for normal 6 Floor torghast but once we add in the scaling for 18 floor many of the powers for hunter show their weakness. There is essentially 1 setup that ends up working out for BM hunters to get enough burst with every single cooldown up to manage the bosses. What is also frustrating is that many powers just do not apply to your pet or dont scale your pet well enough. Especially when warlocks get the power to give their demon 500% hp and damage as long as it doesnt die/be dismissed iirc

Ive taken to start climbing on my druid instead for a much more enjoyable journey as even when i have the proper powers, the sequencing is just not fun at all to do any damage to the end boss.

I am between climbing using cat or bear not sure which yet.

Agreed 100%. I’m prepping to start climbing on my guardian druid/prot pally, despite my hunter being my main and ~30 ilevels higher. The last couple of attempts I’ve done, I’ve had no problems pre floor 16, but the second I hit floor 17, my pet is getting 2-3 shot, even with mend pet up 100% of the time. This is taking as many defensives as possible (MD reducing damage, +15% hp, etc).

Yeah I noticed this a while ago. You reallllllly need to use a tank pet, and even then they’re squishy. The revive pet spell takes 10 years. Mend pet barely feels worth the GCD. Exhilaration is a waste when you use it for your pet, then the pet dies, then you get hit over and over again during the 10 years it takes to rez your pet and by the time it’s back, you’re dead and you wasted your only heal. So you use your turtle to rez your pet, and bam you wasted every CD in like 5 seconds.

You can try to feign death, but 9 times out of 10 your offhand pet keeps doing it’s thing and then you die from an AOE.

I’ve found that most of the hunter powers are what I call “bard” powers. You need to be in a group to be of any use to anyone.

Focus on misdirection buffs and tar trap debuffs, and get carried.

Apparently warlock pets get huge amounts of hp upwards of millions plus damage. Meanwhile I take every hp power I can get and my pet has 50k. Why do hunter pets have so much less health then me? Why can’t they be the same base hp? Why cant I and my pets have synergy in powers ? Immunity power doesn’t even go on pets lol. It’s just silly how many things were overlooked for hunter. Meanwhile monks 2-3 shot layer 8 floor 18 boss. I’ve used corehound and clefthoof . Both are just garbage later on. Nothing helps against magic damage so they just die way too fast. I’d like to see a mend pet anima power , a damage reduction anima power for pets , etc. SOMETHING that helps with their survivability. The turtle anima power is actually pretty good for rezzing pet over and over again because if you stack it it will last 30 sec + so you have no worries of dying while your pet is being chain killed over and over. If any other hunters are reading this make sure to get soulforge at the start so you don’t have to deal with so many oneshots from casters. Oh and also keep redoing it until you get a good anima power to start. (Stun damage, antenna, lens of elchaver) otherwise just keep requeing.

1 Like