Hunter motivation for joining Venthyr?

I’m going to be rolling a Pandaren Hunter for that sweet Venthyr mail set. Love the Pandaren race in general and figured they’d be the best at throwing epic parties. Anyways, I’m not really sure what her motivation would be for joining. Why would a hunter care about redeeming wicked souls?

Could be the kind of hunter who tames and rehabilitates ‘problem’ beasts as opposed to just putting them down? Figures that venthyr kind of redemption is right up their ally?

It doesn’t have to be about aligning with the faction’s ideals. It might be something smaller scale.

-From a pragmatic view, perhaps she sees the Venthyr as the most instrumental to victory against the Jailor. After all, they are the most adept at extracting and manipulating anima, and in the Shadowlands, Anima is power. They might even be the key to helping thwart the Jailor and his own vast supply of Anima.

-On a personal level, it might just be she found a connection with a certain person within the covenant. Or perhaps she was close to someone who she believes ended up in Revendreth, and hopes that they can be spared extra time there by helping out the Venthyr.

-Maybe she just likes to party, and doesn’t think the other covenants would be as enjoyable. The Kyrian are all duty and discipline, and the Necrolords are all war and murder. Night Fae might be fun, but they also gotta garden all day. Maybe not so fun for your character.

okay.
hear me out.
fox hunts are cool… but what about human hunts? in the venthyr campagin you actually see fear hunts where they take souls out into the forest, unleash them into the dangerous wild and hunt them down.

This was actually how I was initially going to justify my DH joining them before I settled on Nightfae even though she doesn’t really feel any affinity to Venthyr culture or beliefs. They were ground zero for this entire anima fiasco and anima trickles down from Revendreth, she’d want to be at the forefront of this entire thing and make sure it gets solved right. It’s less “wow cool the afterlife this is like a theme park” and more “you guys don’t get to screw up my afterlife, I’m going to fix this myself”.

This. A hunter would join the venthyr to take part in the penitent hunt. Souls who cruelly hunted sapient creatures are filled with fear then released to be hunted down, so they can experience what they made others experience in life. I imagine nessingwary and other trophy hunters would end up being hunted by the penitent hunt as well.

I mean, you could just live a life of sin.

Also, Sunstone are Sooooooo legit. Imagine having supernatural Trash Talking Powers.
Its like literally being Dwayne The Rock Johnson.

But wait. Demon hunters don’t go to the Shadowlands after death, right? Isn’t it confirmed that they go to the Twisting Nether when they die, like demons? Granted also, your demon hunter might just not know this, but was this not established?

Just the player’s demon hunter, they have an “immortal demon soul” or something like that. It’s special, not normal for all DHs.

If that’s the case, why does your character think they are going to Revendreth? Wouldn’t they believe they are going to Bastion for their utter selflessness? Seems as though most demon hunters believe themselves the most selfless beings in the universe.
PS: Not trying to undermine your character, just intrigued to learn more.

Well for one, my character doesn’t have the special player character “immortal demon soul”. I think that was just Blizz’s way of explaining why player Demon Hunters can respawn after death… because, I guess, that’s something that needed to be explained?

Secondly she doesn’t really know where she’s going when she dies. She was initially interested in going to Revendreth as a Maw Walker in order to get this whole anima thing sorted out, because that’s where the drought started. She’s actually very… apathetic? For a Demon Hunter? Instead of pious. She was more or less forced into it by Prince Kael’thas, which is sort of the theme of her life. Choosing to instead join the Night Fae is sort of a thing of her taking control of her life. She was built up to fight the Legion and after the Legion was fought back there’s just been this giant gaping hole in her life, being corralled into this position or that position her entire life and what was it all for? Just seeing that cycle of life is kind of making it all worth it, like, okay, this is what it was all for.

Thirdly my character’s actually not even ICly in Shadowlands or involved in any of it, it’s more just me sort of RPing events in my head just in case I join a guild or something and she ever gets there? Or I guess just making the story more interesting to me. Blizzard wants Shadowlands to be a single player RPG so bad but won’t pull the trigger and let us do any meaningful story choices so I have to do it myself in my head. :rofl:

Did you miss those screaming Illidari in the River of Souls?

I did miss them, yes. Be that as it may however, do we know they are demon hunters? As opposed to just followers of Illidan? There were plenty of naga, broken draenei, and other blood elves that followed Illidan without being demon hunters.

My hunter might got venthyr if I decide to go the dark ranger route, I can also make him a high elf. But the dark ranger seems more fitting for the horde

And none of those we’d give a copper about… so yes they were demon hunters.

But I don’t care about demon hunters either. Therefore, can’t be them, by this logic

They made a cata mid-dungeon boss we didn’t care about into a quest objective so you really think the legit illidari who were the broken or coilscar don’t count? That’s just willful ignorance when you know you’re wrong.

They were not Illidari any more than the Naga were. They were Servants of the Illidari. You’re not considered one of the Illidari unless you have burning sockets where your eyes once were.

https:// wow.gamepedia. com/Illidari

The illidari are the servants/forces of Illidan of various races. They absolutely included the broken and naga. Really, prior to Legion, there were very few actual demon hunters in Illidan’s army, mostly just trainees that the heroes of the Alliance and Horde slaughtered at the Black Temple. Most of the illidari were NOT demon hunters, but demons, broken and naga. You know, most of what we actually fight in the BT raid.