Hunter is so OP in world pvp

So I have always respected hunters in a 1v1 and knew they were powerful but wow I am having fun being on the giving end of these beatings.

I have leveled every other class in the game to either max level or above 50 with war mode on. Hunter is the last class I had to level and I always put it off bc of the stigma of hunters being the noob class.

I was level 33 yesterday leveling in High Mountain. Got jumped in a cave by a 38 Havoc DH. 5 levels should be a pretty easy kill for him. Completely destroyed him.

Next I run into a 41 Arcane Mage. I had a feeling he would attack me so I took the high road and attacked him first. Was a tough fight considering he was 8 levels above me but I was able to squeak out a win by kicking his arcane tree and feign deathing his frostbolts when arcane was locked.

Pretty nutty that I don’t even have to sweat much other than someone high enough to have a skull for a level.

Def the most fun leveling experience I’ve had. Elites are no issue. 5-6 mobs no issue. Just a strong 1v1 class. As Beast Mastery at least. I can’t speak for the other specs bc I haven’t tried them but just from BGs I’ve done so far survival seems strong leveling / PvP as well

I

Classes are not balanced around 1v1, and that’s especially true for characters that are not max level. Hunters have also, for a long, long time, been exceptionally strong in lower level PvP

3 Likes

I feel like this is more of a humblebrag post disguised as a Hunter op post.

4 Likes

You won’t be OP at 60.

2 Likes

To be fair, most classes have “duel hero” builds available to them, that typically dont lose 1v1 matchups vs any traditional arena spec.

Fury Warrior for example. Terrible in Arena, but it will beat the crap outta anything if u build it for duels.
DK’s have Blood.
Rets have a tank leggo.
Rogues are Rogues.
hunters can go BM and be defensive.
Ferals/Boomkins can go with a tank leggo.

etc etc etc.
i walk around the world as Blood, always.
Really the only thing thats gonna stand up to me, is other players roaming around as 1v1 builds, or people who want to gang up on me. Cant really do anything about that.

Low level Hunters have always been OP for anyone that plays them. That changes completely at max.

1 Like