Hunter having issues dropping combat

As I am writing this I am still in combat even though me, my bodyguard and pet all have feigned death and no enemy is in engaged in combat at the present time. This is just one example of the multitude of issues I constantly have with dropping combat. My problem is not that I am stuck in combat after it ends, but that when I choose to avoid combat or get out of it I am not able to. This should never be a problem for a night elf hunter, but it is and frequently so. Both shadowmeld and feign death have so many times not worked for me or when they do it takes a reallllly long time and sometimes ( by that I mean most times) it ends up with me dead due to the ridiculous amount of mob density in some areas of these new zones.

Shadowmeld is not working properly at all, when I activate it the enemy npc’s still see me and keep on attacking, it’s not a pet or bodyguard issue either as they are attacking me and not them. Feign death is ridiculous as when I use it they just keep on killing me as if nothing has changed. Please fix this issue, as this is a major part of my hunter’s repertoire and having a worthless racial (especially asd alliance right now) makes the game seem as if nobody cares anymore.

Oh yeah, before I finished writing this my feign death wore off and they finished up killing me since I was never able to leave combat.

There’s currently a master thread stickied at the top.

Yeah but my issue is more with Feign death and Shadowmeld not working as they should. That’s the reason I made a separate thread, maybe I should change the title then ?

The problem is that the master thread is about going from an in combat state to an out of combat state, and they’re looking for every instance this occurs. Feign Death and Shadowmeld are simply methods of going from an in combat state to an out of combat state.

So, while your issue is about Feign Death and Shadowmeld specifically, it’s covered by the master thread because the actual problem is a failure to leave combat. Feign Death and Shadowmeld are just one of a great many situations where it’s occurring, and it would be most useful if added to the aggregate data.

ya this has been an issue all expansion. What you need to do to fix it, is when you feign death don’t immediately get up again. You have to wait like 3 seconds then you can get up otherwise adds still have agro on you. I know it’s stupid.

I know about that happening, my issue is that I stay in combat even when I just lay there. Like when I was making the original post I was in combat for the entire duration of FD and when it ended they resumed attacking me. Also, to everyone else, I will make a post in the master thread later (most likely I’ll just copy paste into it)