Thanks for the update and information, much appreciated love seeing posts like this and hope to see more in the future.
Thanks for the update <3
Doesn’t seem like blizzard is aware that melee attacks reset the timer for their ranged auto shot. The fact this is not listed as a bug or soon to be fixed is a very bad sign. This is an extremely important fix that takes precedence over everything on this list. Its disturbing that they are somehow unaware of this or ignoring the issue.
Warlock here, but since we have pets too it seems relevant to ask:
There are some bugs that don’t show up on this list, and could use some clarification:
- There’s still a delay before pet commands actually execute, roughly 400 ms. This is much longer than typical ping.
- Pets and masters are still sharing threat in some capacity. This is particularly noticeable when running away from mobs that are attacking your pet; when they should leash, they instead switch attention to the master, who may have done nothing to gain any threat whatsoever.
It’s been reported many times that Charge doesn’t auto cast either. Has this been fixed since last stress test? I tested it over 100 times and Moccus, my boar, didn’t cast Charge automatically once.
Thank you for the increased level of feedback over the last few days to help assuage some fears with the beta build! It’s greatly appreciated.
Suggestion: at the “not a bug” section, add a link and summary of the WoW Classic “Not A Bug” List Hunter specific findings (to help those who may not look to all available resources - I know the text is there already).
Edit: My post was unclear haha. I know the text is there, but a link to the not a bug list should be added as it’s the more centralized source (possibly more likely to be updated in the remaining time on this forum with incorrect bug reports that may affect Hunters but may not be Hunter specific). Sorry - it has been a long day, and my iPad and I are not always in agreement. . . I edited the body to add more clarity unless my iPad and I are still in disagreement over my post haha.
P.S. Death to virtual keyboards, autocorrect, and predictive text! Long live the physical keyboards!
I’m not surprised by the scatter shot/trap DR, it’s not a tactic I remember using in vanilla
Have you guys looked into the issue of melee attacks resetting auto shot swing timer? Is that a bug or is it working as intended?
I tested this 2 days ago after a recent patch. Its fixed. I wanted to know if it was finally working. It was fixed in the same patch they made pets properly use dash and dive.
Its legit. They are supposed to have separate DR. But it was bugged in 1.12… And they were accidentally all on the same DR for the small time period 1.12 was live. But this project is “warts and all” so Hunters are literally stuck with a bug here.
Many are and will be absolutely livid, as you can imagine.
Excellent thank you x
I originally thought the same thing, but there is a data reference point from October 3rd, 2006 10:24 AM PST. I’m unsure of whether Wyvern Sting shared diminishing returns with the Freezing Trap and Scatter Shot.
Q u o t e:
Polymorph and Dragon’s Breath are on the same Diminishing Returns timer just like Scatter Shot and Freeze Trap ;).
Not anymore (in both cases).
I believe this is actually a bug, but I’m unsure if this was ever actually resolved or not. I didn’t find another mention of Frost Trap breaking stealth in my searches, however.
Poster: Tetsumi at 8/4/2006 11:31:33 AM PDT
Subject: [BUG] Frost Trap Aura
I had assumed this was WAI; however, given the following I must add it to the list.
Hortus: Likewise as I understand most non-damage area of effect abilities (such as earthbind totem) should not break stealth.
Hunter’s frost traps’ slowing effect breaks stealth since 1.11. This was a new change that I had passed off as just another stealth nerf, but if that is not the case it seems that now would be the time to get it looked at. A confirmation one way or the other at least would be appreciated.
Reproduction: Hunter lays frost trap. Someone else triggers the frost trap. Stealthed rogue walks through the effect area and becomes unstealthed in addition to slowed.
I apologize if this has already been addressed.
[ post edited by Tetsumi ]
Poster: Hortus at 8/4/2006 3:50:14 PM PDT
Subject: Re: [BUG] Frost Trap Aura
We are aware of the issue with frost trap and are looking into it.
Is Scatter Shot really a long Mez?
Can you guys look into auto shot swing timer getting reset when doing melee attacks/abiltiies. (Happens on the same target and on 2 different targets) From looking through old vanilla videos that didnt seem to be the case.
Also probably related (but probably intended) is potions resetting all swing timers.
Any word on pet command delay? Since Legion pet ai is broken or atleast worse than before, same issue happens on beta.
Thank you for the great post on hunter issues!
Was anyone ever able to confirm if the feed pet “bug” is still present?
Clicking feed pet during a revive pet cast and then clicking the food at the very end of the cast should consume the food but not actually feed the pet. A GM explained to me that it was intended and had something to do with the revive pet animation having priority over the feed pet animation.
Where this may have popped up during patch 1.12 originally, it was not the ultimate outcome. As a pvp’er, many times you would scatter to bait a trinket so you could instantly FD-Trap the player and get distance. DR was not an issue. This is incorrect and should be addressed before the pvp patches.
so if you move really fast you wont ever trigger a trap that’s good to know for melee with 10-20 yrd hits.
Mine would cast it non stop out of combat
Sounds like your remembering a different expansion… pvp trinkets do not break disorients. They don’t break freezing traps either for that matter
Going into the Pre-Launch test today we wanted to take a moment and edit the original post above with an additional status update.
I’ve added the following to the Not A Bug and Confirmed Fixed sections:
Not A Bug:
- The rate at which pet focus regenerates is not always consistent
- Note: While the actual amount of focus that can be generated per tick is inconsistent, the total amount generated over time is flat and consistent. There are slight variations in the time between ticks that cause this to display inconsistently.
- Pet aggro radius is working properly and as expected. This is to say, it was extremely inconsistent in original WoW, and it remains inconsistent in WoW Classic
- Attacking in melee cancels the hunter’s active Auto Shot timer
- Note: This remains a high skill-cap maneuver, but using a melee attack while an Auto Shot timer is active, then re-enabling Auto Shot for a ranged attack should be much more responsive now and should no longer completely reset the Auto Shot timer
- When a Quiver or Ammo Pouch is equipped, the tooltip for Aimed Shot incorrectly reflects an attack speed bonus from the Quiver or Ammo Pouch that it does not actually receive
- The Hunter’s quiver may occasionally appear in the Hunter’s hand instead of the Hunter’s equipped weapon
- There is a slight delay on Hunter and Warlock pet’s auto-cast abilities
- The Auto Shot sound and animation will cycle each time you change targets while Auto Shot is active
- Hunter’s Mark can stack on a target with different ranks of Improved Hunter’s Mark
- Multi-shot can hit totems
- Hunter pet abilities are not automatically populated to the pet bar when trained
- Eagle Eye and Farsight abilities will fail if targeted on a location that is more than 100 yards from the player
There is a very important hunter bug that nobody has mentioned yet, see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEQd7Ycydy4
I need someone in beta to test this, this bug was never fixed, it persisted until TBC when traps were allowed to be used in combat and CD was increased to 30 seconds.
I’m not sure if this works in PVE but it should work in PVP, you may need to spam “pet passive” in combination with “feign death” while moving so that you won’t trigger the FD CD.
This would mean hunters hunters have a 15s CD in combat traps without using feign death.
Someone please test this and get it in the patch notes
This doesn’t appear to work in Beta.