Hunter Autoshot exploit

you are lol

Edit: but I <3 you

Got any proof it didn’t? Or are you just assuming that because people knew about one thing they knew about all the things?

1 Like

That’s not how this works and you know it.

No one has to prove “that a bug didn’t exist”.

“Prove that god doesn’t exist.”

We’re not doing that here. Not even as a joke would I do that here.

Well you’re the one making the claim it that it factually didn’t exist back in 2007. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it for sure did, I’m just saying there is a possibility that it did and no one knew about it. Just because people knew about other ‘exploits’ like powershifting and sealtwisting doesn’t mean that anyone knew about … I’m just gonna call it Machine Gunning.

1 Like

I don’t think you can stack enough haste to autoshot at a <0.2 sec interval. Some people on the hunter discord are even reporting close to 0.12 gap between autoshots. Not at all realistic or intentional.

1 Like

What?

I give you +1 for the name “Machine Gunning”.

I still very much do not believe that this could have existed during that time period. It is far and away incredibly unlikely that something that powerful would have gone untouched for that long.

Seal Twisting is really more of a bug than an exploit to be honest with you.

The basic difference between an exploit and a bug is that an exploit involves bad design, where a bug involves bad code.

Seal Twisting and Machine Gunning are bad code.
Infinite Reckoning is bad code.
Infinite Cheat Death is bad code.

Powershifting is bad design.

Blizzard fixed Reckoning and Cheat Death but ignored Seal Twisting as a bug because by the time it became known, they were already soon to release WotLK anyway, where that bug wouldn’t even exist.

Machine Gunning is so many leagues more powerful than Seal Twisting (though not as powerful as Infinite Reckoning), while simultaneously, there aren’t any mentions of this bug in all the years that have gone by.

My point is, this is not plausible to have existed back then. Possible? Maybe. Plausible? No.

1 Like

That doesn’t explain anything. What’s wrong with you?

It’s entirely possible you’re right. The world may never know though, because it’s incredibly unlikely Blizz is going to come out and be like “no, this wasn’t a thing in original BC and just a bug with the new coding.”

1 Like

From the EU agreement:

" 1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;"

That’s called legal jargon.

It’s bad wording either way, but using that as an argument here is meaningless.

1 Like

Just defining what Blizz considers an exploit.

1 Like

That doesn’t define what an exploit is, that uses the word exploit in a generic sense. That’s no different than saying “using a glitch”.

This is why I responded…

From OG BC:

That’s a private server.

On private servers attack speed was bugged in the formula 100 / 100 + (Haste Mod) by having the formula work as such 100 - (Haste Mod) / 100.

Meaning, +50% Haste would grant you 2x attacks, +75% Haste would grant you 4x attacks, etc.

Private servers were incredibly buggy back then, and they still have noticeable bugs here and there today.

PoTAYtos, poTAHtos…

1 Like

Oh man
opens macros

Who would do that
/cast !Auto Shot

I mean the integrity of the game
drags to action bar

I just can’t believe some people
drinks haste potion

It’s like they just want to do big numbers
tops dps meter