Hunter Autoshot exploit

Hello there,
There has been a recently discovered exploit in regards to hunter’s autoshot.
Basically long story short, if you manage to get your attack speed to 1.0 or faster you can spam a /cast !Auto Shot macro and you will turn yourself into a machine gun firing at extremely fast speeds.
Here is a video of the mentioned exploit
https:// www. youtube. com/watch? v=sfC3QWtmqyI (remove spaces)

Log from the top hunter on wow logs
https:// classic .warcraftlogs.com/reports/ gqc1GMFxHWPNyLah#fight=9&type=damage-done&source=20 (remove spaces)
That player did 3,876 dps by means of Autoshot alone.

Why am I reporting this bug and not just embrace the overpowered state it offers? This is an exploit plain and simple. It takes NO skill what so ever to use a faster than normal weapon, stack haste and spam a macro. It will create an absolute ridiculous meta where using an exploit will take precedent over people developing their skills to better themselves. It should not be present PERIOD.

19 Likes

Should put this in the bug report forum, this is the wrong place.

2 Likes

This is clearly a bug, not an exploit.

I wouldn’t think that this was present during OG TBC.

If it existed during OG, I would think people would have tried to use it in 3s/5s, BGs, etc.
I think it would have been obvious were it present during that time period.

This is just poor coding.

Using a bug for benefit is the definition of exploit.

29 Likes

Already prepping your defense for when your Hunter main gets banned I see.

9 Likes

No one is getting banned for this. The “exploit early, exploit often” saying is passed around a lot because it’s true a lot of the time. This is another one of those cases. This content was cleared 15 years ago. There are no “World Firsts” for Blizzard to care about banning anyone to set an example for.

This’ll get patched, the people who used it will have some laughs (I know I did when I saw it), and life will go on.

1 Like

To be fair, I doubt anyone in BC back in the day even thought this was possible let alone even worth trying if they did. Gotta remember the internet wasn’t the huge repository of info like it is today and players had a different mindset back then.

So in short, this could have very much been a thing back in 2007, but no one knew about it.

2 Likes

Posted it in the Bug forum as well but reposted here for greater exposure-need to get Blue’s attention to get it sorted asap

An exploit is a clever use of game mechanics. Moving Shamans around in your raid to give Heroism to a specific group repeatedly to optimize DPS is an exploit.

A bug is if moving the Shaman around caused Heroism to affect multiple groups simultaneously.

Examples:
Sheeping someone to restore their health is an exploit.
Sheeping someone to move them through impassable terrain (walls) is a bug.

People do not get banned for using sheep to restore health.
People have been banned repeatedly for sheeping people through walls.

Once again, people on this forum, stop being delusional.

Who cares, nobody is winning at this game. Most raid groups are taking down instances with using exploits, some not as crazy as this, some more so crazy, such and blizzard zg bridge exploit.

You either want to play that way, or you don’t. You don’t have to group with players or groups that use exploits.

That’s absurd.

People knew about Sealtwisting and that was nothing compared to this bug. This allows a Hunter to basically erase 1/2 people in seconds.

There is no way this bug existed on OG.

Why is this an exploit? You can get pretty much the same effect for 15 seconds using haste pots and popping your abacus.

LOL what???

1 Like

According to some on the forums druid powershifting is an exploit lol.

Anyways, nerf hunters right in the face

First off, watch the video.

Second off, how do you not understand what an exploit is?

How is that even possible?

"Clever use of game mechanics".

It’s literally the definition of an exploit.

How ON EARTH do you people not get this stuff.

/s ?

Powershifting is literally an exploit. It involves no use of bugs, it is 100% a clever use of game mechanics.

Seriously. What even is this?

1 Like

I know, powershifting is an exploit

Thank you. I thought I was losing my god damn mind for a second.

you are lol

Edit: but I <3 you

Got any proof it didn’t? Or are you just assuming that because people knew about one thing they knew about all the things?

1 Like

That’s not how this works and you know it.

No one has to prove “that a bug didn’t exist”.

“Prove that god doesn’t exist.”

We’re not doing that here. Not even as a joke would I do that here.