Hunter 1 Handers

Hey, Hunters have been able to wield 1handers since time began, so why cant Survival actually use them as gear yet?

I think I speak for all Survival Hunters when I say this should absolutely be an option.

It doesnt even necessarily have to change a rotation or anything. I just want to be able to use all the xmogs I have for them!

5 Likes

My guess is there are technical limitations that prevent hunters, dk’s, and wars from mogging freely between 1h’s and 2h’s. It would be a nice option, if they can figure out how to implement it.

1 Like

I think the same is true for any 2H > 1H or vice-versa. I am carrying a staff right now, but I much prefer a wand + off-hand combo. Can’t do it, unfortunately.

1 Like

Yeah, I think my main frustration is there is no spec of hunter that can use 1handers in any form of rotation, so its just xmog i never get to use.

I figure there are technical hurdles, but itd be nice for them to jump them at some point if they get the time.

2 Likes

Oh look who it is, fancy seeing you here!

But yes I’ll play surv and let you tell me BM is trash and that surv is better than BM if we can duel wield as surv.

Would be nice for my orc hunter to wield 2 one handed axes or my nelf hunter to use the glaives.

1 Like

I really don’t understand why blizzard designed survival to be 2h when Rexxar is the most well known melee hunter and he dual wields axes, huge 2h swords/axes just don’t fit the class theme imo.

Polearms make sense but they could have just made the legion legendary a polearm while still making DW 1h the default weapon type for the spec. Kind of like how they had feral druids dual wielding daggers for their legendary back then even though they don’t use daggers normally.

3 Likes

surv is better even if we never get to dual wield, just to spite you lol

1 Like

I will fite you

And then ask you to carry me in pvp if hunter ever gets a good tier set in midnight

1 Like

I would actually play my fury warrior if I could have one handers instead of giant two handers clipping my everything.

1 Like

The thing is, a Fury warrior CAN. There’s even a whole part of the spec that is dedicated to dw 1h. SV hunters cannot use their melee skills with 1h equipped.

3 Likes

Yup, there’s no Single-Minded Fury equivalent for Hunters.

1 Like

And a warrior doesn’t even HAVE to go SMF. They can DW 1h without taking the passive. You literally can’t push Raptor strike, Carve, or Butchery with a 1h equipped.

3 Likes

I mean they CAN it’s just that Singled Minded Fury is always inferior to Titan’s Grip which is baseline. SMF should just be a transmog option, really.

In regard to SV though yes I agree we should be able to use one handers. From vanilla through Cataclysm we had melee gear that held a lot of tour important stats even if we never used said gear in our rotation. After Mists our only equipped weapon was our bow and then, obviously, in Legion we got the 2 hander specializing new melee spec.

But the daggers, axes and swords we can equip are just kinda… pointless artifacts of a bygone age. It would be neat to use them for something again.

3 Likes

That’s my whole point. It may be inferior, but at least it’s an option. I mean, I guess SV hunters can dw. But there’s a difference between giving up some damage to go with a fantasy (warrior) and giving up your abilities (hunter). It would basically be the equivalent of equipping a Bow as SV.

Yes.

And give shaman swords.

1 Like

I miss dual wielding dawn’s edge with a carapace spine crossbow. I don’t miss running out of ammo though.

1 Like