Hundreds of Items Removed From Transmog

So hi…firstly I have already opened a ticket on this issue and I plan on digging up blizzards actually number (yes shockingly they still have one) and calling them as soon as time allows; I am a wow veteran, I am just now coming back to the game after taking a year off. Sadly I have taken note of a recurring issue that has now gotten out of hand. I am a passionate transmog collector with aggressive OCD and about once every year or more blizzard does a patch or update that for some unknown reason removes one or two items from my transmog collection that I have already collected. However I have discovered upon my return a massive number of entire pages of items have been removed (some collection sheets when from 15 pages to 5) literally hundreds of items have been removed from quest, pvp, to raid items. It is impossible to keep everything in void storage; but honestly this has gotten out of hand. I am going to try and see if blizzard will restore the items lost, but the fact they this keeps happening at this point is insane.

1 Like

expect to be disappointed, they don’t field inbound calls about this sort of thing.

quest rewards don’t just get removed.
if you don’t have the item, it’s because you didn’t do the quest.

did you check your filters?

To the first; the last time this happened I called and they restored the missing items so they do address this type of thing when called.

To the second point the ones missing from quests are from quests its not possible for me to have not done, IE; required quests etc etc.

and lastly for the filters, yes naturally that was actually the first thing i checked that is how i knew something was wrong- remember this has all happened before just never to such a severe degree.

I do feel like some appearences (especially right after they introduced the appearence tab) are not/were not saved whenever you earn items sometimes. There have been plenty of times where I have earened a new appearence that I could have sworn I had already earned before.

1 Like

This is indeed happening.

I have lost collections of appearances for gear that I have run a entire XPack wearing. (like my tier set in Mists…all of them)

1 Like

that’s a bit concerning this issue…I’d be hella piss if my entire wardrobe went missing :S

FYI, I have experienced missing transmog items as well in the past, so it does indeed happen.

there was no wardrobe in MoP.

nobully he was saying that his tier set from mop(in the wardrobe) went missing…he wasn’t saying from his inventory

yes.
i understand that.

…and the wardrobe didn’t exist during MoP, so the game had no way of knowing which non-quest items the player owned prior to the wardrobe existing.

Yeah i have the same problem any solutions available? i’m going crazy here. Some fo the items missing in my collection are unobtainable.

I am having the same issue as of the last game update a large percentage of my mog gear just disappeared from my inventory (late Aug '20). So, it appears solutions are not to be expected for such issues? It has been a very long time since I even tried to submit a ticket. This is just sad. As above, so below.

A Blizzard rep did talk with me after a great deal of trying and the bottom line is they wont fix this. At least in my case, but I am betting in most cases. Between this and them deciding to remove levels from us in shadowlands I frankly am expecting to leave the game; blizzard has not impressed me lately.

1 Like

lots of my mog items vanish randomly to man it blows
and this isent a new thing this has happened for years