Human Race Mega Thread and Lounge

3 Likes

“Thank you.”
/grin

1 Like

I’ve been there 4-5 times over the years, but the most notable thing I saw was Randy’s Donuts. Ironman wasn’t even sitting in it that day. :smirk:

1 Like

“Most of mine are just from being in the right place, at the right time.”

1 Like

I can so relate. What I can’t recall are who the artists were except for a few.
I’m sure I was at a summer concert in Central Park and remember them singing ‘Dr My Eyes’ pretty sure it was Crosby, Still and Nash. John Lennon made a guest appearance to talk but he didn’t sing. This was maybe '76,'77. not sure.
I did recently visit 2 of my children in MT and enjoyed a few joints which would have been the first time since '79.

2 Likes

I worked on the Las Vegas strip, and I remember seeing Michael Jackson’s dad Jo Jackson and his entourage ordering a bunch of food. Kind of surreal being a few feet from him, I was afraid he would hit me with his belt and make me sing and dance.

I saw Paris Hilton standing around irritated, think she was waiting for someone. She was alone, which I thought was interesting. Thought she would be with a crowd.

3 Likes

Was about 2-3 months ago.

2 Likes

“We did a memorial, in the Music Thread, and played a bunch of his songs.”

1 Like

I was in a deli on 52nd street near 1st ave around 1977 and waiting for my hero (nyers call subs heroes). A limo pulled up to double park and in came a giant Wilt Chamberlain who stood next to me (I’m 5’2") to order his lunch. :scream_cat:

3 Likes

I used to have a cassette of Quiet Riot2 with Randy Rhodes that was only released in Japan. They were also my first concert (Carlos Cavazo was on guitar since Randy was on the Crazy Train at the time.)

That was 83’ in Augusta, GA (Masters golf area) with W.A.S.P. opening. It was a great night for 13 year old me.

They played this song that night among their other hits at the time.

3 Likes

“I was working at a Restaurant, and Richard Moll came in. I got permission to ask him for an autograph. I handed him a regular ink pen, and it was swallowed up, in his huge hand, and he was having trouble writing with it. So I went back and grabbed one of those older BIG three sided pens. It fit his hand like a regular pen fits ours.”

“That is a sight I will never forget.”

2 Likes

I can just imagine. I enjoyed his acting in Night Court along with Harry Anderson.

I had an in-law many years ago that was a good bit over 7’ tall. He was quite the sight, and had an equal level of respect and hatred toward ceiling fans.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

“I had a friend that had Gigantism/Acromegaly. He was 7’6” and still growing, when he died. His problem was, his heart did not grow like his body did, and it finally gave out."

2 Likes

I watched a video about Andre the Giant recently. I don’t recall if that is what cost him his life at a relatively young age or not, but it’s sad when people are taken from us so soon. My first brush with this was when I was 10 and my brother was 6.:pensive:

Life experiences are what mold us into what we are at any given point in time, and I think of it as all just pieces of the “strange trip” we all get to take.

2 Likes

“What A LONG Strange Trip It’s Been, INDEED!!!”

“I wonder how many people know where WoW got that saying? Now they all can know!!!”
/GIGGLE

“Sometimes The Light’s All Shining On Me.
Other Times I Can Barely See.
Lately It Occurs To Me,
What A Long Strange Trip It’s Been.”
/grin

3 Likes

I was in a rock band for a few years in the early 90’s with a female singer that not only looked like, but could also sing just like Janis Joplin. I had so much fun playing Piece of my heart with her. So fun!

Prior to the band she spent a summer on the road following The Dead and selling spaghetti to pay her way. Noodles and sauce are cheap at the store, but like gold at a concert after a long day of drinking and, ahem, enjoying music.:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

“What kind of music did your band play?”

That band played a number of 90’s rock with female singers. Black Velvet, What’s going on, Come to my window, Alanis, and a few male singing songs as well. She had such a great voice.

Prior to that I was in a 90’s rock/grunge type band after a 2 year stint playing guitar weekly in a biker bar. I managed to find and convert a cassette recording of the 90’s band and upload it to YouTube a while back if you care to listen:

3 Likes

“Not bad, AT ALL! Well done.”
/dance
/smile

1 Like

How do you do, fellow Humans??

3 Likes