Human heritage questline was perfect(obvious SPOILERS)

That does sound like a nice touch. I am a sucker for small insignificant details purely for flavor and enhancing the feel of our characters actually being there, having an effect, and being recognized.

5 Likes

I was honestly pretty disappointed by it. It wasn’t awful but it did nothing for me. It felt very hollow and didn’t feel like a proper call back to the greater lore of humanity. Sadly it just kind of felt like more boring and flavorless Wrynn stuff.

I know people will say “Player Humans are from Stormwind! Of course, it’s about Stormwind!” But it feels very wrong to me to have absolutely no mention of the other human kingdoms. Specifically Lordaeron and Arathor. No mention of Arathor and a total disconnect from the Scourge that ravaged Lordaeron which forced many people to live in Stormwind.

There are ways you could have included that while still having Stormwind be the main focus. One being that the Scourge is still apparently active in Redridge and Duskwood. Having something where you were fightng them could have been a great call back to WC3. I just think it was pretty bland and didn’t offer much. Honestly i don’t even feel like it did all that much for Stormwind itself.

2 Likes

For Stormwind I think it was the ideal “issue” to deal with, since the rebirth of the kingdom after the second war was made possible by the work of the masons that would later become the Defias. This conflict is one of the most iconic in the Stormwind zones as well, with it playing part in several zones, and even being connected to the whole Prestor story that is also a fitting theme for the expansion due to dragons. (even if a heritage quest should be “timeless” and not too hard tied to current expansion in my opinion).
But it’s an issue that deserved to be solved or at the very least attempted to do so, the defias conflict is in a sense a heritage from the issues of the rebirth of the kingdom back then. The heritage quests also include the house of nobles which I’m very happy about since it’s too often forgotten and not given any lore.
So from a strictly SW human point of view, I give the setting for the quests a big thumbs up, even if I think the execution of some quests could have been better.

3 Likes

orc one was amazing. I dont cry at movies and games but it was like that. it had almost every notable orc.

2 Likes

was so cool getting to speak with ragged john

I felt a disturbance in the Twisting Nether. As if thousands of MHP’s suddenly screeched in rage and were silenced by the Twitter character limit.

9 Likes

Because this isn’t true. The human PC is canonically whoever you want them to be. In any case my human PC will be wearing the “of Lordaeron” title thank you very much.

3 Likes

I’m Rping mine being from Arathi/Stromgarde. I love the robed red and gold version so it fits

4 Likes

Wow, that new Calm the Wolf racial really did a number on your character.

Lol. I just really like the human heritage armor. Did it on my lvl 50 lock and was just too lazy to level a human hunter from scratch

And since the race change is on sale, I just switched.

I….have a race change addiction :joy_cat:

I just had a random thought. If you equip the heritage armor as actual gear instead of just using the transmog window, then change back to a worgen to get around the race-lock requirement for putting it on, its potential lack of modeling on the worgen form means you’d actually have a set of armor you rip out of when you transform.

Edit: Although that costs IRL money to even try so I’d recommend against experimenting because yeah.

1 Like

Unfortunately the armor goes right into your collection. There’s no physical armor you can actually wear.

Interesting idea though and sounds cool

The heritage armors aren’t really “race” specific which sucks. They are culture specific it seems. The Human and Worgen ones being good examples of that.

Human Heritage: Is about the Stormwind’s past and culture dealing with the Defias and Onyxia. It doesn’t have anything to do with Humans as a race and the other kingdoms. The color variants is just Blizzard giving people the option to wear armor that represents Stromgarde, Stormwind, or Kul Tiras.

Worgen: has nothing to really do about the worgen race, per se, it’s about being Gilnean. Which for a RACE heritage quest is kind of weird because not all worgen are Gilnean, and not all Gilneans are worgen. It was a very weird choice.

It’s funny because everything that made Worgen unique (minus being werewolves) was given to the Kul Tirans to make them unique rather than letting worgen have their own unique aesthetic and culture, instead Blizzard is just relegating Gilneans/worgen to being homeless in Stormwind.

6 Likes

Thus why I said someplace earlier, it probably would have saved everyone head and heartache if they just called them what they were; Race Armor.

…Gods that doesn’t age well.

City or Tribe Armor. Less interesting but probably more accurate.

Reputation Legacy Armor. Slightly better. Stormwind Legacy Armor. Orgrimaar Legacy Armor. Yeah that works better lol

2 Likes

I just finished the human heritage, and it was pretty great. I’m surprised how wed it was to the Rogue legion order hall. Thankfully I do main a rogue, so it wasn’t lost on me.

Actually seeing a noble from The House of Nobles was nice, as was the little Slice of Life walk through of Stormwind we’re treated to before Onyxia is unmasked.

Ragged Jon the dwarf was another treat, and I do like the text prompt to make good on your promise to him. He even has a poke at the “who really killed Onyxia” thing.

I lost a little in the feels department, doing it on a Death Knight. The starting area guy waxing emotional and all. “Bro, we just met. Nice abbey”. But that’s kind of to be expected with a death knight. I feel they’re Death Knight first and race a distant second.

Totally different feel from the orc quest, but I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

I wondered about this. I did it on a Mage Human because my rogue is a worgen. Do you get any interesting lore or anything regarding the Uncrowned if you do it as a human rogue?

Does Vanessa tell us more about what she’s been doing the last 8 years since Legion? That was one thing I thought was weird, she says she hadn’t been back home in awhile, presumably since Legion, but like why? What was she doing?

That little cutscene was nice. I geeked out so much seeing Bolvar not all charbroiled.

3 Likes

The cutscene was cool and the starting area guy saying how proud he was with how far we came was a really nice touch too

2 Likes

On the note of the toy, I’m still hoping we get these human kingdom pennants toy someday. And with any luck would just be something any Alliance character can use.

2 Likes

It would be cool if they added Gilnean, Lordaeron, Stormwind and Arathi flags. Since they’re big four kingdoms that everyone is familiar with

2 Likes