Huge problem

My wife is having issues seeing npc’s along with the shredder (specifically). She cannot turn in emissary quests, nor feed azerite gear. (she can see some npcs, but not all) (for close to a week now) She has tried in game, as well as several web browsers to submit a ticket, which when she has finished typing everything, the submit button is always grey’d out. So I took it upon myself to try to submit one under my account on her behalf. ALSO GREY’D OUT!!!. (right before trying (before creating this thread) I created a ticket of my own).The game is unplayable for her. We cannot submit tickets. This is absolutely unacceptable. Sure it only affects a single character, but she only plays one because that is what she loves. We will be calling customer service tomorrow very upset, and potentially unfriendly (which I love blizzard, so I only want to be friendly. Just want them to make it right.)

P.S.- She has tried restarting game and pc. Scan and repair. Re-downloading. Reload UI. Disable all addons. Abandon all quests ETC. To no avail.

Hi Boorip

You mention reloading UI and disabling addons. Let’s try a full UI reset as a test here:

As I mentioned this is a test. If it doesn’t help simply remove the OLD from your original folders then delete the new folders the game installed. This will return your original settings

She just tried that. It did not work. It did reset all of her addons so now she has to reset those up lol. She’s sad about that. Just wants a fix.

Can I just delete the WTF, interface, and the third? (dont have link open atm) and will the game just re create them? Dont want to make her re install the whole game again.

The game will have reinstalled new folders. Cache - WTF and Interface. Remove the .old extension you placed on the original folders. Afterwards delete the new folders. All her addons and settings will be back to normal.

Let’s have a look at a DXDiag system report next Boorip.

The second section of page has DXDiag report instructions - we don’t require the MSinfo report.

That will be a wall of text. If you have issues pasting on the Forum here go ahead and put it up on pastebin.com. Provide the link code portion of the URL - example below.

(The green bold portion at the end of the link: https://pastebin.com/**Qk28Ed1P** <=== this code)

1 Like

Do I just paste that code here?

You likely can’t paste the URL address - I just need the code as I outlined.

6naHwdAB > goes after the link you just made

Lol its late and i feel dumb. I thought ‘code’ was the copy paste nonsense haha. not the end of the URL.

That’ s the MSInfo - need the DXDiag report as I outlined. I will take a look through that as I have it.

Looking this over again - to confirm. These issues only occur on one alt is that correct?

Have you tried logging into her character on your computer?

I have not on my pc, but yes it is only her main on her acct. No other alts.

Give your computer a try Boorip. Log in from there see how things work. May narrow the issue down. There are settings that are saved server side - it may be an issue there. See what happens from a different machine.

Turns out, she accepted the quest to unlock zandalari trolls, but didn’t care to do it so she abandoned it. She just had to re accept and finish the quest line haha. Thank you so much for the info tho!

Good you found the answer Boorip

1 Like