[H]<The Phoneix Legion> Blood Elf Military RP - Recruiting

“The exercise of power is a balancing act. Overusing your power breeds resentment against you and will bring your enemies closer together. Never exercising your power means you will soon be forgotten and your enemies will act without taking you into consideration. Therefore, you must act deliberately in such a way that your foes must always keep you in the back of their minds while not making you the focus of their hatred. This is the guiding principle of the Phoenix Legion.”

–Excerpt from the journal of Lord Vardanis Brightmorn.

Who We Are:

The Phoenix Legion is a new Blood Elf military RP guild. Our guild’s premise is that we serve as a special expeditionary force to secure Silvermoon’s interests beyond its borders. We do this in a number of ways, both through independent operations and by aiding our Horde allies. To that end, we are involved in the Coalition of the Horde and actively seek to cooperate with other Horde RP guilds.

Although we primarily focus on military actions, diplomacy plays a major role in what we do. Therefore, if your character isn’t militaristic, you can aid the Legion in other ways including support roles and serving as a diplomatic liaison to other Horde guilds.

What We’re Looking For

The Phoenix Legion is a guild by working adults for working adults. With that in mind, our events will sometimes have mature themes. Therefore, we require all members to be 18 years or older.

The Phoenix Legion is for Blood Elf rpers only. We are completely loyal to Lor’themar Theron and the Horde. Therefore, your character must be a staunch Sin’dorei patriot. We will absolutely not accept characters with divided loyalties between the Horde and Alliance.

As a new guild we are looking for players that are willing to become heavily involved and help drive the story. Individuals that show significant interest/involvement as well as high moral character will be promoted to officer roles.

OOC Rules

I generally operate under the Bill and Ted principle of “Be excellent to each other. Party on, dudes.” More specifically, the rules are the following:

1. Treat all members with dignity and respect. Absolutely no racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, etc. will be tolerated.

2. Do not spread malicious rumors about individual players or other guilds in the guild chat, Discord, or anywhere else.

3. If you have a conflict with another member or officer, I encourage all parties involved to hash it out privately among themselves like adults. If that is not possible, please come to another officer or myself with screenshots and we will mediate the issue. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should the issue be brought to the guild at large in guild chat, Discord, or whispers. I’ve seen many guilds fall apart due to members taking sides in a dispute between 2 or 3 individuals and that will not be the case here. If another guild member is harassing you and/or you don’t feel safe trying to resolve the matter privately, again, take screenshots and report them to me. They will be dealt with.

4. ERP is not permitted on any character with the Phoenix Legion guild tag. Any ERP details in your TRP or involving yourself in public ERP will result in immediate removal from the guild.

5. Avoid discussions of politics, religion, or other sensitive topics.

6. All members must be 18 years or older.

7. Respect all guild officers and follow their instructions.

IC Rules

Although I like to foster a fun, relaxed environment for all members, The Phoenix Legion is still a military guild. Therefore, there are strict rules that may come with strict punishments. Although I’m a strong believer in allowing players freedom to develop their characters in whatever way they see fit, please understand that RP decisions come with RP consequences. That said, I strongly believe in mutual consent for rp matters. Therefore, nothing will be done to your character without your permission. Simply understand that refusal to face RP consequences will likely result in your removal from the guild.

1. Conduct yourselves honorably at all times. Behavior that reflects poorly on The Phoenix Legion as a whole will be punished based on the severity of the crime.

2. Bloodthistle use is strictly prohibited. Anyone caught using the herb or operating under its influence will be punished. Note: This does not include OOC use. If you use the herb for the buff outside of RP, feel free to be as much of a thistlehead as you want.

3. During Legion events, we ask that you adhere to mount and uniform standards. We ride different mounts for different roles.

• Officers, regardless of class, ride the Swift Red Hawkstrider

• Warriors, Demon Hunters, Monks, and Rogues will ride the Swift Warstrider. This requires PvP marks of honor. If you do not have the mount, we will be happy to help you get the marks.

• Mages and Warlocks will ride the Swift Purple Hawkstrider

• Priests will use the Swift White Hawkstrider. If you do not have it, we will be happy to help you farm the dungeon until it drops. It’s very easy to get at this point.

• Hunters will ride the Swift Green Hawkstrider

• Paladins and Death Knights will use their class mounts. For Paladins, please use the epic Thalassian Charger.

Moreover, we ask all players to please wear a Silvermoon tabard. Again, this only applies to events. You may use any tabard or mount(s) you like the rest of the time. Obviously if you’re new to the guild and haven’t had a chance to get a special mount for your class, you won’t be excluded on that basis.

1. Any attempt to play “double agent” with the Alliance will result in immediate removal from the Legion. If caught, the guilty party will face a tribunal on charges of high treason.

2. You will respect your superiors and obey their orders.

Events

The Phoenix Legion will engage in several events ranging from social events to military operations. Many of these events will be in conjunction with the Coalition of the Horde while others are done independently. We will utilize the Conquest system or the simplified roll 20 system in all events. There should be something for everyone.

Beyond that, we will run OOC PvP and PvE events. With sufficient interest we may even set up arena or RBG groups as well as mythic and raiding groups.

How to Join

Please reach out to me directly. My battle tag is Nikephoros#1295.

14 Likes

I couldn’t find you. When I try to add Vardanìs it says ‘player not found’.

6 Likes

Blizzard is weird about race changes. I updated to show my battle tag ID instead. I’m about to go to bed, but I should be online tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’ll have to look for you! Very interested!!

3 Likes

I should be online tomorrow anywhere from 4-6 server time and into the evening.

2 Likes

To be fair, the only thing that frowns me in joining this guild is that I have an idle Demon Hutner which would love to join the guild, but I hate spending Marks in mounts. I rarely do PvP, only sometimes, and I like to farm tmogs with Marks. Is there any possibility to use another distinct mount as a Demon Hunter instead of the PvP bird?

1 Like

Although I’m flexible in terms of the time table on obtaining the mount (and will help anyone who needs to get it), I don’t feel like this is an unreasonable request. I’m afraid I don’t offer exceptions on this. 15 marks of honor is a pretty quick grind, especially when the Comp Stomp brawl is up.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be the raincloud over the parade because this does look cool but given the sparse population of the rp community of late you may have a hard time with some of these requirements. I’m also going to be that person to ask how you plan to enforce the no erp rule. I get not wanting people blatantly doing the deed in public or the like but this is a blanket rule of none at all and I’d be a bit creeped out wondering if what I do with other rpers in a dungeon or out in the wilderness is being scrutinized by my gm or their officers.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

1 Like

Many guilds have requirements, whether they be uniforms, mounts, or other things. I do not believe our requirements are particularly stringent. It would be one thing if I said, “You need these things, and by the way you’re on your own to get them and if you don’t have them in 2 weeks you’re out of the guild.” That’s not the case. My goal isn’t to stand over you with a ticking clock, but I do ask that you work towards it. Moreover, we will help you with it as a guild.

In terms of the ERP, I’m not Big Brother. I’m not here to stand over you and watch your every move. I give people the benefit of the doubt until I’m given a clear reason not to. I’m not going to interrogate you if I feel you’re in a dungeon too long and I’m not going to go looking for you if you’re hanging out in an abandoned zone for no apparent reason. That said, ERP comes with a lot of potential issues that I would rather have the guild avoid all together.

1 Like

I only say this because your advertisement says you are newly formed. It’s not a personal dig at you or the guild concept which I think is very good. Only that for a new guild looking to get off the ground by attracting new members you may put off some potential recruits with some of it given the lower population of rpers from years past. As long as you are down to help people meet those requirements for the mounts and realize that people will ignore the erp rule (because they absolutely will) then it’s all good.

Again, best of luck with this sincerely. Lord knows MG horde could use more active guilds for serious rpers.

3 Likes

Bunch of nerds rping over here.

8 Likes

Ban! Lovely as ever to see you!

burns profuse amount of incense

Oh this? It’s… religious… not because you’re stinky! Of course not :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A recurring Phoenix Legion social event will begin on Tuesday (3/22) at 7:30 ST in Silvermoon City. Any individuals who are interested in membership are welcome to come by and join the RP.

Specific location will be the Hall of Respite in The Royal Exchange.

4 Likes

I will drop by and interact! Looking forward to meeting The Phoenix Legion!

2 Likes

If you’d like to talk about joining beforehand, please feel free to reach out directly with my battletag ID. Nikephoros#1295

2 Likes

“Always remember that our people are not defined by tragedy, but by our ability to overcome it. From the ashes of the past, we carry the flame of hope into the future.”

As said by Lor’themar Theron. It bears significant meaning to our kind to hold onto hope, never forget the sacrifices made for us, and always remember the Sunwell.

3 Likes

Upon waking, Lady Tyerel Dawnwraith sat up and seated herself at her desk. She had plenty of time to chew upon her thoughts of the prior evening. Taking pen to her journal, she begins jotting them down with handwriting entirely too unkempt. Writing would help digest them.

The Eternal Court of Lordaeron is certainly a… motley group. We witnessed noble and commoner alike. The tedium of the Court does not suit me, but I am hopeful that we will be able to establish ourselves as allies to the court of Lordaeron - the living and the dead alike. Time will tell. For now, we prove our worth to them, to our potential allies; to them, to the Horde, to our fellow folk yearning for a brighter tomorrow. For our home and hearth. For the Glory of Quel’thalas.

3 Likes

Love the concept idea! I have been debating on actually making a Sin’dorei Blood Knight. Would any of the Blood Knights within the Legion be willing to take on a squire of sorts? :o

3 Likes

Pretty good beans and folks overall! <3

6 Likes

I’m not a Blood Knight, but I’m certain someone would be interested in doing that. We have plenty of them in TPL. I’ll ask around and have them get in touch with you!

1 Like