Hows frosty lookinf for DF?

I’m torn between mage and this warr for DF. How is frost looking for DF?

Lol. Go Warrior.

2 Likes

Warrior allllllllllll the way

I’ve been a frost mage for a while now…

GO WARRIOR.

2 Likes

Honestly, it will be hard to know for sure until final tuning is accomplished. Frost will likely either be an ice lance spamfest or a glacial spike build (like it was a few expansions ago). Mobility is about the same as it has been recently. Rune of power creates less mobility, but the uptime on Rune of Power is less than it currently is on live, which makes incanter’s flow more competitive. That will change as RoP uptime increases due higher crit rate creating better icy veins uptime (and RoP coming with icy veins).

I recommend checking back on the forums once the tuning is accomplished and make your decision that way.

1 Like

From what I understand lately. The damage will be nice, but the playstyle will feel awful.

Just what I get so far without tuning done.

Expect blizzard to nerf something into the ground and buff something else prior to release. I’d just wait and see until then.

1 Like

Oh yeah, frost most certainly will not be allowed to remain competitive (if that is even what we’d call it currently). If it gets through beta without significant nerfs, it likely will not make it through prepatch (much like SL)

1 Like

Tuning will definitely impact on things, assuming they put in the effort and don’t just leave Frost lagging behind for all but extreme niche content. From what others have reported so far it feels pretty solid for ST but falls behind quite a lot for AoE. As you said though, this will all come down to balance tuning.

Really the priority focus should be on making the spec fun to play. Tuning can be done at any time (not that they will if the last 2 expansions are any indication) but if the playstyle remains awful and not fun then players aren’t going to stick around. With only 7-8 weeks until the expected launch, I would not be holding my breath that things will look any better for Frost.

1 Like