How would you go about detecting Heavy Desolate Armor Kit application?

I can’t figure out how to tell (programmatically) if I have a current “reinforcement” on my chest (slot 5) piece.

Thoughts?

This can’t be that difficult to sort out.

I’m not looking for timers or duration or even the strength of it. Just whether or not it is currently in place.

Method Raid Tools tests for it on ready check. Might be able to borrow some code from there.

There’s a weak aura for it. It’s complicated and I know you don’t like weakaura’s however its nearly all custom code and essentially it reads the text from the chest piece you are wearing and parses the text for the bits that only show up when an armor kit is applied. You can look at the code without using the weakaura by clicking the Editor link on this page and copying it to your text editor of choice.
https://wago.io/-qB-64pD6

I saw that and since WA had a similar drop down selection for Weapon Enchants it seemed a good idea to ask about adding the Chest “reinforcement” enchant trigger since it operates on a similar mechanic.

That was summarily shot down as soon as I asked for the web link to make the request (by a totally not condescending moderator, totally).

The code in that WA (if it’s the one I found) also does things that I don’t need done and the code is . . . baroque. Wago showed it’s maintainability rating as high 60s (on a 100 scale where 1 is best).

I copied the relevant code from Method Raid Tools and stripped it down to the basics, stuck it into Weak Auras in two pieces (one to make the frame on load, one to run the function) and it works just fine.

Totally not condescending, not at all.

I’ll post it back here if there’s any interest.