How would you feel about an Ogre race?

Way back in the day, I’d say maybe TBC or WotLK, this was a big discussion (before Goblins were announced) for Cata, and to be honest I wasn’t really to hyped for it. Now that some time has passed and I’m watching Kul-tiran animations and such, it just kind of hit me that I would actually enjoy Ogre’s joining the Horde and more lore behind them and their capital Goria.

So I’m wondering how the rest of the community feels about them? The Horde already has multiple Ogre camps around Azeroth in Feralas, Dustwallow and scattered elsewhere.

14 Likes

I’m not against it. It would be a unique race that has been allied with the Horde for years. I’m also a supporter of Mok’nathal with Rexxar leading them. The only thing I fear for Orges is…their intelligence.

Either would be dandy.

5 Likes

What, Orcs not ugly enough for you??? :upside_down_face:

:australia:

4 Likes

Have wanted ogres for a long time. Given the argument against tauren rogues was the clippity clop of the hooves, ogre rogues should be a shoe in.

4 Likes

:open_mouth:

Rood little butterball!

Oh god, think of the shenanigans of a two headed Ogre being a rogue.

“Are we being sneaky right now!?”
“Yeah stupid, stop talking!”
“But why are we sneaking? Why not just run up and crush?”
“Why is he staring at us? I thought we were being sneaky?”

8 Likes

I think it’s coming:

Dumb race too big too dumb

3 Likes

Makes more sense than Vulpera

4 Likes

Lorewise, we have a bit of a problem, ogres are descendants of the Breakers, they came from the Gronn, who came from the Magnaron, Colossals (now extinct even on alternate Draenor), which can trace their ancestry back to Grond.

Because of the ancestry of being descended from stone giants, this means lorewise, ogre females are actually incredibly rare, however they are in large number in a place called Ogrezonia. Orcs evolved from ogres, and this was when the split between male/female became prevalent…I think if you go back to the earliest Breakers, these creatures were almost gender-neutral; their only reason for existing was to fight the Evergrowth on Draenor.

So ogres COULD in theory be done, but you would have to introduce Ogrezonia to the game, which does actually exist in the lore, but you also have to consider why the females are so rare, and the reason that male ogres don’t associate with the female ogres, is because the female ogres actually engage in depraved rituals on men; sacrifices and so on.

Lorewise, this can be done, as they sound right up Slyvanas’s alley to be honest. But how they could be integrated to the Horde without eating all the males…they would have to be tamed somehow.

Or they could just pull a faction of ogres out of their behinds that apparently broke away from all, whatever that is, and evolved, but not the same path as the orcs.

1 Like

Your a gnome… Y’all are hideous. A little rich to comment on others looks when you are so obviously hideously deformed yourself. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I’ve wanted it for a while. Ogres and Naga…

I would never play an Ogre. It wouldn’t bother me if others did, however.

True some Ogres are rock stupid but there are a few that are actually quite intelligent. Well, smart enough to grasp the intricacies of the arcane at least.

It makes sense and might be a good addition.

Personally, I wouldn’t play as one. Ogres are too ugly.
I wouldn’t bother grinding the rep; just obtain it casually.

1 Like

The thought of Ogre ‘architecture’ … shudder.

Look on the bright side, tauren will fit through the doors.

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

I’ve felt that the Horde would someday see a playable Ogre race. I’ve had this feeling for several expansions yet it still hasn’t happened. But in an era where Blizzard enjoys putting their time and resources into cranking out these Allied Races, I feel it’s coming and probably sooner than later.

I have no interest in ogres or ever playing them. However unlike some I’m not selfish and I don’t get bothered by what other people want to play if it makes sense. Ogres have been wanted and of course make sense. I support it for the people who are kind and decent that want this race to be playable.

I just wish others could have a similar mentality. Glad most do at least.

3 Likes