How Would Illidan React To The Current NE Situation?

Would he still not care? Or would seeing burned down Teldrassil with his own, ahem, eyes possibly boil his old, elven blood?

How would he react to Night Warrior Tyrande? Would his disposition and approach to her change?

Would he criticize Malfurion for not doing enough to defend his people?

I miss Illidan. ;_;

He would probably not be super concerned for his people, they did imprison him for 10k years. More than likely though, he would feel his brother didn’t sacrifice enough to protect their people.

On the Tyrande front? Who knows on that

13 Likes

He will come back like he’s Captain Marvel and ask Tyrande if she’s got something for him, especially now that SPOILERSshestechnicallynolongeranightwarriorSPOILERS…

And then every male character in Warcraft will rally to him for a charge against the Jailer, only for him to not need their help after he casts Immolation Aura and then Unbound Chaos Fel Rushes half the Jailer’s entire army in one swoop…

Shadowlands will end like Avengers: Endgame… Mekkatorque of all people will snap his fingers to kill the Jailer!

4 Likes

I don’t think he’d be overly concerned but Malfurion’s near death and Night Warrior Tyrande would probably give him enough concern to start helping. Just keep him and Maiev away from each other.

Nah, Maiev and Illidan should be lovers… after taking all that armor off, she’ll make him forget all about Tyrande… didn’t you see their chemistry in Broken Shore / Cathedral of Eternal Night?

4 Likes

If Sargeras is dead and Illidan is still alive and well he will most likely find something else that threatens Azeroth or most accurately Tyrande.

This may or may not include the Horde though most likely some bigger cosmic threat.

I’ve always found that ship to be perverted and wrong.

3 Likes

She only wants one thing and that’s Illidan in a cell lol.

I mean both of them have terrorized eachother, Maiev who acted as Illidan jailer annnd Illidan who gave her a taste of the torment she put him through when he had her captured in Outland.

He seems to reject any loyalty to Night Elves as a people. He cares for Tyrande and his brother, but the rest might as well be Gnolls or Imps.

I could see him using his powers to help Tyrande or Malfurion. But I don’t see him caring much about the Night Elves or the Alliance.

Illidan has been pretty nonchalant about collateral damage. He tried to destroy the Frozen Throne, and nearly caused another Sundering. Malfurion stopped him before he could finish. Many lives would have been lost if he had succeeded - but he seemed fine with it, as long as his mission was completed. He also had no compunction about consuming the magic and energies of fellow Night Elves to empower himself.

In a round about way, Illidan and Malfurion started the ball rolling as far as Teldrassil’s destruction. It was Illidan’s attack on the Frozen Throne that weakened the hold over the Scourge, and allowed Sylvanas to rebel and form the Forsaken. And Malfurion stopped him before he finished. The Sylvanas we know is almost the spawn of the conflict between those twin brothers, but I don’t know if any of them are aware of that connection. Do the Forsaken even know what caused the hold to weaken? It seems Illidan would be close to a God to them if they knew.

Illidan would have flooded the world and destroyed the Frozen Throne as well as the Scourge and Northrend and alot of the known world. Malfurion reflexively sought to stop him, because the planet was in pain - but in hindsight, I wonder if Illidan was right. If Northrend was sunk, it may have reduced the threat of the Scourge, the Jailer, and the Old Gods.

9 Likes

I would say on this that the lich kings hold would have waned even without Illidan, his spell only widened the crack Ner’zhul himself put into the frozen throne when he dislodged frostmourne. So sooner or later Syl would have been freed, one when these powers wane did the lich king accelerate his timetable and bring Arthas to the frozen throne.

I guess I’ll be the lone voice of dissent.

Illidan was obsessed with stopping the Burning Legion but he became obsessed due to the threat they posed to his people and Tyrande more so than their threat to the universe.

Now he is basically what Maiev became at the end of BC - a Hunter without prey. Sargeras is trapped and while he is his keeper, I think he might intervene (if he could).

If he only knew:

• Teldrassil was burned
  • Malfurion was seriously wounded
  • Tyrande was in danger due to the Night Warrior

Then I don’t think he would intervene.

If he also knew:

• The Scourge / Lich King were created by the Jailer
  • The Dreadlords responsible for Sargeras and Frostmourne were/are serving Sire Denathrius

Then I think we’d hear “Feel the hatred of ten thousand years” being screamed across the cosmos as he appeared next to the Jailer, decapitated him then hearthed.

(I’m exaggerating him one shotting the Jailer but you get the idea).

8 Likes

Illidan theme Starts to play. Oh no here he comes to steal our kill.

2 Likes

I see the other side as well. The lore is often twisted and contorted beyond recognition.

I see room for Illidan to be fully integrated into the Night Elves and the Alliance. Not with the lore that is there, but with heavy handed lore hammers going forward. I was never a big Illidan fan, so I would be fine with it.

At this point, I can see Blizzard giving the Alliance Illidan and Sylvanas. I can see Illidan working with a High Elven Sylvanas against the Horde because of what “Ebul Sylvanus” did. Just because the Alliance gets everything, and the Horde runs off fumes.

3 Likes

Considering how he and others view the Horde and Alliance and their conflicts, I doubt he care enough to get upset. He’d surely worry about Tyrande (obviously), but that’s probably as far as it goes.

If he’d say anything about it, it probably be some snark directed towards the Alliance in general.

Pretty much all neutral characters share this mindset that anything AvH is none of their business and can’t really bother to care about it.

He’d be there to point out Tyrande was not prepared to become the Night Warrior.

2 Likes

Based on the information available to in-game characters, and assuming Sargeras is totally under control without his help, and assuming Illidan didn’t just die within a second of entering Sargeras’ prison…

Illidan would be fighting the Jailer and he wouldn’t give a rip about anything else. Illidan is a big picture kind of guy that fully believes that the ends always justify the means, and he’s willing to sacrifice any number of lives necessary to stop cosmic threats.

The smaller things just don’t interest Illidan: he needs to fighting the biggest injustice around. If he sees a bigger fish, he’ll change course.

2 Likes

Actually at this point, I think she’d prefer him in a tomb.

I doubt that any who took on the mantle ever was. It’s not exactly a career path that the Church of Elune mandates.

I see a High Elven Sylvannas as even less likely than High Elves as a player race. Why take away her Undead EdgeLadyness now?

2 Likes

I often feel that the reason Blizzard had Illidan stay back on the Seat of the Pantheon was so that Blizzard wouldn’t have to deal with having him help Malfurion and Tyrande defend Teldrassil when they had a hard enough time sidelining Tyrande as it was.

2 Likes

I feel it would be pretty easy to write Illidan as not participating even if he wasn’t at the seat, could have relegated him to the Fel hammer on Mardum.