How will blizzard be reimbursing currency used on heirlooms?

If you used currencies, holiday, tw, etc are they going to add some sort of gold value to those items and just lump that in with the gold?

58 Likes

Yeah and I spent a lot of gold on this.
Better give me a refund.

50 Likes

I wouldn’t count on much to be honest.

Personally I think it is a terrible idea To remove them considering how much gold was required to upgrade them.

78 Likes

We get the pleasure of playing using expensive gear that is worse than questing gear and doesn’t give exp bonuses anymore. What else could we want?

I love bait and switch marketing, it’s great.

52 Likes

we didn’t pay for temporary items, I"m sure most of us wouldn’t have shelled out the gold/badges/etc if we had known one day they’d be useless, either they have to buff heirlooms to literally destroy content making up for time saved by xp boost and make it timed saved by breezing through content or just reimburse the players.

46 Likes

Literally everything you do in this game is for temporary items. And they’re not even deleting the items, they’re just removing one stat.

Woe is me, they’re baking in the xp bonus that everyone already has!

41 Likes

Wouldn’t hold my breath. They’ve changed supposed long term things in the past; no refund for gold has ever been given.

Far as I see it, we purchased heirlooms for an intended purpose. That purpose has now been changed/obsoleted, but you benefitted from it for however long before that happened.

19 Likes

You paid (gold/currencies/etc) for a leveling speed boost. Heirlooms are still staying in the game, and will even receive some new power to compensate for these changes. It’s only the speed boost that’s gone. So that’s all you’re paying for here, a speed boost.

Blizzard has now redesigned the leveling experience so that leveling is faster than it ever was, even with the leveling speed boost you paid for.

And now you’re mad that the speed boost you paid for is now free to everyone?

18 Likes

mounts, transmogr, achievements, titles, pets, toys, etc are all permanent, you can’t say everything is temporary cause it just isn’t true, heirlooms were under a tab where literally everything is permanent why would anyone believe one day they’d become obsolete?

12 Likes

They’re not obsolete, they still exist and provide stats. They just don’t provide that stat.

10 Likes

Imagine being one of these people who still keeps saying it won’t be possible when not only has strong negative backlash forced Blizzard to change something before it’s release in the past multiple times but also there’s already an in-game feature they can use to refund heirlooms without any player interaction by making it like the one they use for old currencies in PvP etc… where they remove it from you and give you the gold automatically once you log in.

They should just remove everyone’s heirlooms at launch and auto refund exactly what each one costs plus the cost of the upgrade in what ever currency you used to upgrade them either gold or one of the random events you can use like time walking currency etc…

10 Likes

normal quest gear already does that, and most the time it’s better. they’re obsolete because they have no purpose.

10 Likes

Then don’t use them? That doesn’t change the fact they’re not going anywhere.

6 Likes

wait. what?

700,000g down the drain on things that are now, essentially, useless to me. Yes it stops you from having to replace the gear, but that bloody well wasn’t why I bought them in the first place.

45 Likes

it takes away the fact they have a use, making them worthless, which would be okay if you didn’t have to sink so much gold and such into them.

5 Likes

The exp buff is being replaced by something else new and unique. We don’t yet know the full story. Maybe the new effect could be incredibly useful. Until we know what it is heirlooms aren’t necessarily useless.

8 Likes

Normal quest/dungeon gear at the same level is very slightly better than heirlooms, but at the rate you level (with or without heirlooms) you can’t replace every piece of gear every level.

So sure, the chest piece you get from a dungeon reward is better than your heirloom chest piece, but in 15 minutes of leveling it will be the same, and in 30 minutes it will be worse.

This is a complete non-issue.

12 Likes

i mean is it?why announce the removal of the xp buff and not say what the replacement is considering you KNOW there would be a backlash, there is no replacement planed because now would have been the time to say it to quell the outrage.

5 Likes

An equal level quest item might be a fraction better, but then you’ll level 20 minutes later and the quest item will be back to being worse than the Heirloom since it doesn’t scale.

The dramatics over wasted gold are ridiculous. “Oh no, I wasted a couple thousand gold buying and upgrading heirlooms that were only useful for a few years, woe is me!”.

Who cares? It’s like being mad because you bought Epic Riding at 60 for 1k and then it got lowered to like 40g at level 30 or whatever the hell it is now.

10 Likes