How well does "Death Chakram" fair?

I really love the way the skill plays, I love the mail armor from the necrolords, i just want to play it so bad, but I feel like i’m shoehorned in to playing fae, focusing on a casual pvp and m+ with this toon with maybe some raid when bored, I know i’m not hard core at all on this toon, but i hate not playing what brings the most punch…

tldr: is necro covenant close enough to fae that it wont matter or am i looking at a significant dps loss?

It’s kind a tricky one, because they can move out of your circle for night fae, chakrams damage isn’t too bad but for the AOE department if you don’t take clusters then you may lose out in the AOE cleave, the bounces happen sooooo fast when there is more then 5 targets so it’s kinda a weird interaction, my survival is necro and I honestly enjoy it

3 Likes

In my experience “yes” - it is a noticeable DPS loss compared to Night Fae but for most PVE content, it is still adequate. I have a max level hunter in all 4 covenants and the levels range from 195 - 218. All are maxed out with renown.

1 Like

I decided having extra damage every pull to every other pull helps offset the loss of one big burst every two minutes is good enough for me. It sims two hundred dps behind in a five minute fight which doesn’t equate to that much of a dps loss (not sure I trust the sims). Where you notice the big difference is in bursting.

1 Like

I recently switched. I simmed myself at 1-1.5% loss for single target. 2-2.5% loss for Dungeon slice. And 5-6% loss for pure 5 target patchwork AOE. And my practical experience since switching has been pretty close to the sims.

The biggest thing I really notice is the loss of that fat AOE burst with WS. But it does seem to pretty much even out over the course of the whole dungeon.

3 Likes

Just switch my hunter to nercolord no regrets

1 Like

People underestimate the flesh shield. It gives more hp than the pvp trinket and has a short cool down. With conduits it can be used to cheese crowd control when your interrupt and stun are on CD

Way better than aspect of turtle IMO

2 Likes

Death chak is ok. Nothing special at all. It’s just another low damage ability that adds up over time. No burst or anything. Wake me up when we get a convoke or divine toll

Is so useful there are times it save my hunter from dying like this week afflix.