How we REALLY got our TBC honor (with sources)

Arenas being out yesterday and me not being able to reliably farm any honor gear is really putting this into perspective. We need some blue on this issue - where are the devs at? They think the state of this is OK?

4 Likes

Like I can’t even farm a medallion right now!

1 Like

They milk us good.

In the same boat. A huge chunk of the community is being burned by these terrible honor rates and can’t even queue arena right now without getting 1 shot by someone with PvE gear. Really hope a blue steps in to communicate they’re at least looking into it if not already fixing it.

Fix this please

Bump to keep track of this topic

Why? This thread is disinformation. The OP has edited it numerous times in response to me disproving his claims in other threads. He settled on claiming that original Vanilla ranks affected honor gain from kills during season 1. His original claim was this:

Ranks never affected honor per kill in TBC, as the honor was normalized in the pre-patch. Ranks may have affected honor for a small number of players in the original TBC pre-patch but it was either a bug or display issue:

Honor per kill for all of TBC in level 70 vs 70 combat was 20.9 split evenly among nearby party/raid members or players who participated in the kill:

The only time a player would receive more than 20.9 honor from a kill was when a lower level killed a higher level. Rank never had anything to do with it. Here’s a vidcap of a level 65 killing a level 70 and getting 25 honor:

This thread is a good example of how easy it is to propagate misinformation to a large number of players. More vidcaps of all different ranks in solo situations awarding 20.9 honor:

1 Like

I’d be good with 20.9 honor on average. That’d be a great improvement!

Alright guys case closed on whether what we are receiving is true. We know honor is correct.
Case now open to get it changed. It’s correct, but also stupid.

Lots of pictures, but not necessarily worth a thousand words. Do the kills reflect diminishing returns if the same player is killed repeatedly? I remember the kamikaze players running into the center of action and dying, ressing, rinse and repeat.

You know how we needed to use HonorSpy in order for our honor kills to properly take into account diminishing returns in Classic?

• Initial pre-patch level 60 vs 60 PvP kills worth 20 honor.
  • After 30% nerf one week into pre-patch, level 60 vs 60 kills worth 14 honor.
  • During the entirety of TBC, level 70 vs 70 kills worth 20.9 honor.
  • Rank never affected honor in the original TBC pre-patch or in TBC, except for the possibility that it was bugged early on in the original TBC pre-patch. It could also have been a display error.

Those are the facts.

I actually kinda feel like Frank Grimes from the Simpsons. Ever see that episode? I feel like I’m going insane. Posting dozens of screenshots, blue posts and videos and people are still grasping at straws. They’re still denying everything while posting exactly no counter evidence.

I can’t find a single video uploaded in 2007 or 2008 that shows an honorable kill awarding more than 20.9 honor. I’m not cherry picking; I’m looking through every single video uploaded in 2007 or 2008.

Here’s a rank 12 player being killed in August of 2007. There’s two players in the vicinity and the player recording the video gets 10 honor. 20.9 honor split two ways:

From their other video. This was a rank 6 kill, you can go watch the video and see. I took the screenshot without the rank appearing because the text on the honor got really blurry when the rank appeared:

When is it enough?

1 Like

Agreed! Also hey buddy :slight_smile:

Just to clarify, you’re saying each kill is “worth 20.9” honor and diminishing returns did not apply in original BC in any patch and does not apply in BC classic?

2.0.1 to before 2.3 – No diminishing returns

2.3 - Diminishing returns

2.4 - OH GOD NO, KILL IT WITH FIRE. Ok, ok, no more diminishing returns.

2.5 - No diminishing returns.

1 Like

So if I understand this correctly as we are on patch 2.4.3 we should get 20 honor per solo kill at 70 or the honor is busted and needs to be fixed?

Kinda both. Its 20.9 honor right now since honor ranks are normalized (All kills are scouts/private) and there’s no diminishing returns. This value is split. So if 4 people are in range for the honor kill, it’ll split as 5 honor each time which is normal.

We are basically in season 4 mode, where normalized honor is not diminished and we have the concerted effots/for great honor NPC to convert the truckload of marks we have to honor.

2 Likes

Your screenshots in your two posts are very informative, but I think it brings something to light that may be the problem with current honor gains.

My own personal guess, and mind you this is just me from my own experience, is that they messed up honor distribution from a kill across a group in a BG as just ONE of the mistakes they’ve made with TBC Classic honor. You see screenshots and old videos from back in the day where players are regularly getting that 20 or 21 honor from kills in BGs, or in like an AV when there are a lot of people around they are still getting 6 honor or more for a kill. I have yet to get a kill in a battleground in all of TBC Classic that has given me more than 10 honor, usually getting only 4 or 3 even in WSG and AB, and almost every single kill in AV only gives 1 or 2 honor.

I’d guess this is due to one of a few things maybe:

• Back in the day the honor for a kill may have been only distributed across your group, vs now it’s being distributed across the whole raid instead. Even if nobody in your group participated in the kill, everyone in the group still got honor for it meaning if 15 people are in close enough proximity for it, all of them still get 6 honor or whatever with the kill being distributed across 5 people 3 times, as opposed to all 15 once.

• They may have had some type of diminishing return effect where an HK couldn’t dip below a certain number, ie even though there are 20 of you around for a kill in AV everyone nearby is still getting 6 honor for it.

• In combination with either that 1st or 2nd point, the proximity for receiving credit for an HK may be way looser in TBC Classic than it was back in the day. I have less faith in this one, but it’s a possibility.

Those are just some guesses I have, because I have yet to find an old AV PvP video where a player is consistently getting 1 and 2 honor for all of their HKs, and AV back in the day was known as the big honor battleground. Usually people struggled with their marks more than their honor during the honor grind back in the day (which is pretty telling as to how bad honor is now compared to then), but if for some reason you needed honor instead of marks you would queue AV. But now? AV is just as atrocious as everything else.

This needs to be bumped continuously

1 Like

Source:

Took me less than 2 minutes to find this: