How viable is healing while leveling as enhancement shaman?

I kind of want a resto shaman, but I dread leveling one. So I was wondering if it would be possible to heal instances while in enhancement spec. I’d be collecting healing gear while leveling and instancing as a healer, obviously, to have relevant gear, but not the spec.

Yes. 10 chars

1 Like

Yup all you need is some +int so you actually have a mana pool to heal with.

Yea, you can do it… just need the gear.

I wouldn’t go with a underlevel/undergeared tank though… you won’t be able to keep up very easily.

Just collect a decent set of +int gear and you should be fine. Try not to have it be TOO outdated either (no Crescent Staff at level 50, please). After level 40-ish you should be putting points into Resto anyways; it’s better until you get higher end gear (mostly for the +hit) and it’ll help you heal a bit too.

Yeah collecting int gear is important theres hardly any healing gear in low levels because spells have set damage but increase with each point.

So get int gear and get mana per second gear if you ever need it.
With spirit you will generate mana out of combat but not in which most gear low levels have while you level mana per second can be found on random dungeon items and rarely quest gear and sometimes craftables.

Instancing is the best way to have relevant gear when you level up and knowing what quests give you the best gear as well.

Yea, dual spec’ing is one of the “quality of life” improvements they’ve made that I think would have minimal impact on the “Classic” play style.

I think groups would have an easier time forming if there were more healers / tanks in the pool of people looking for group. A lot of folks end up spec’ing outside of tank / heals because how much more difficult it is to get exp questing

Yeeeep, just check every quest reward for some sweet healing gear and stash it away for instance runs in your bank.

It’s unnecessary. Leveling dungeons are designed in terms of difficulty appropriate for having an off-spec healer and/or tank.

Adding dual spec would just trivialize dungeons without any tradeoff. If you spec prot/resto/whatever while leveling, you trivialize leveling dungeons but pay for it in leveling speed. This is an appropriate tradeoff; choices have consequences. Adding dual-spec removes the consequences of your actions and makes your choices less interesting, and consequently makes the game as a whole less interesting and fun.

To the OP: Yes, you can heal leveling dungeons as enhancement, no problem. Pick up whatever healing-appropriate gear you can, wear it, use your totems and healing spells properly, you’ll be fine.

4 Likes

Dual spec affects the economy of the game and most dungeons could be healed by someone using a dps spec with some intellect gear.

Same with tanking.

3 Likes

I would go without dual spec at launch, maybe down the road analyze dual spec’s usefulness to players. However, I predict player count will remain high for at least 3 years and Blizzard will have a hell of a time justifying it to the pitchfork wielding mob.

Yes shame on us for wanting an authentic experience and not wanting to ruin the economy of classic.

7 Likes

I didnt say that, you’re so defensive.

Read those last 15 words again.

1 Like

Are you wearing drunk goggles? It doesn’t say “shame on you”.

No but it paints us in a bad light when you say were a pitchfork wielding mob.

2 Likes

I apologize.

Maybe you should slow your roll. You seem to be trolling every chance you get.

3 Likes

You being triggered doesn’t mean someone is trolling you. Why’d you interrupt that? We were having a bonding moment. I thought we were gonna be friends after this.

Definitely not triggered. We see a dozen like you a week. I was just catching up on today’s posts when low and behold I come across this post in my guilds recruitment thread.

So, before I jumped to any conclusions, I searched your recent posts, and WOW, it only took one post to find you trolling someone else.

1 Like