How to "unlock" Researchers Under Fire?

My friend and I are trying to do the weekly aid quest and we just attempted to do the researchers under fire. I got credit for it, however for him the event progress never showed up on his hud, and he did not get credit for it, despite being there for the entire thing. Is there something he needs to do to be able to do the event?

did he open up the world quests on any characters in that area?

I can’t find the specific information right now, but I’m pretty sure it’s a matter of having a minimum renown level with someone (the Niffen maybe?) to unlock it.

my character I am doing now has renown nine and I shall see in about 15 minutes when I go there - I don’t think this one did any of the campaign and just flew there - I don’t see any indication in the renown track that you need it to open it up though

Yes this character with renown 9 has no problems with seeing the event but it can see the world quests because I had other characters open those up.

It is ridiculous that you would have to do this to do the weekly for this season.
How do you even do it? I’ve unlocked the town but you have to go further? The only WQ I see in the area is the boss.

yeah if you haven’t ever progressed far enough to open up the world quests you might have to - you only need to do it on one character though for your entire account.

It’s most likely the world quests, yeah. Absolutely ridiculous that they made unlocking them a requirement just to do the weekly quest…

2 Likes

did you ever find a fix for this? its actually annoying me because i cant do it on any of my characters not even my main which has done all story and definitely has world quests. but i brought a friend to it who i made join a month ago, who hasnt done any story in dragonflight minus up to like ruby lifepools area and they got kill credit and can see it pop up. like you i get credit and achievements but no HUD popup or loot lol

It’s been over a year. Plenty of time.

1 Like

The content hasn’t been relevant for over a year and the weekly quest has never required it until now. Stop defending poor decisions

3 Likes

The weekly quest has often had requirements to be met, but this is mostly noticeable on alts that are still leveling.

In any case, I am sure this weekly was implemented with the assumption that most people already had the prerequisite content completed. Which is silly but also not unreasonable I guess?

Is that a per character issue or an account wide issue?

for me atleast its account wide i cant do it on any of my characters which again is weird because my friend who i made join wow like 28 days ago who hasnt done any quests in dragonflight or prior can complete it no problem

Hm. So if I may ask, have you never done the zones quests on any characters at all, ever? Even on your main?

Just trying to see if it’s something that can be unlocked for alts from one play through on one toon.

Personally, did the quests on a lot of toons and already have the content unlocked, so I can’t see for myself.

yeah i did a lot on my main didnt do all the chapters tho to be fair but never had this problem before, and my friend hasnt done ANY quests except to the point where u get dragonflight enabled and then like 10 quests into maruuk section of the chapter

oh, i also had no problem with siege last week (minus its own problems lol)

Blizz are basically forcing you to do the quests to unlock it because the zone is totally dead and boring and the mole people talk in an annoying way and they don’t want it to be a waste of resources.

Unlocking the world quests in Zaralek is not that bad. After you have fought your way in , there are 2 quests you must do besides intro to loamm. 1 is deliver mail and 2 is to help a few of the loamians, then you go back to where Honeypelt stands and you talk to the niffen standing next to her and he should give you the quest to unlock world quests. I have done it in maybe 20 minutes and once you unlock them it is across ( sorry caps ) ALL of your alts .

It’s less about how long it takes and more about how obtuse it is. Not only is there no hint that unlocking world quests is the requirement, but the unlock itself starts with an entirely different zone storyline. The only place I found that actually clearly explained the process was a freaking boost selling website

1 Like

Wait. Do we have to unlock WQ’s in ZC on every character to be eligible or just once for the account?

1 Like

Just one, If i did not make that clear. You will still have the option to unlock the zone , but the world quests will already be active if you dont.

So i took a break from WoW after shadowlands and this is my first season playing dragonflight. I have none of these quests to unlock world quests in zaralek caverns. I did everything with the engine of ingenuity or w/e under the zaralek caverns campaign but no longer have quests there. Like wtf do i do man?