How To Transition to TBC?

Well it’s not going to go away like the Vanilla servers. So even if you start fresh you have unlimited amount of time to achieve your goals with TBC?

I dont think the Vanilla servers are going anywhere. They are going to be here for a while to allow people to collect their BiS.

I just really don’t want the current servers to become TBC servers they need to remain Vanilla servers. New TBC servers can be created for Character Copy.

1 Like

I understand your concern. I really do. But this needs to be looked at in a broader scope. The best solution is to think of what you want opposed to what you don’t want. And what you want is to be on a server with players that just want classic vanilla and no desire to progress past 60. Below is a possible solution.

Currently Classic has Vanilla, TBC and Wrath fans. So ideally the best way to ensure everyone is sorted properly is to progress servers and funnel downward via transfers to eternal non progressive servers. This ensures everyone that transfers is on the same page as staying in that state of the game. This can be replicated moving forward with which ever iteration there is demand from the players.

Every current server gets upgraded to TBC. You are given a grace period where you can transfer (not copy) your character to one of a handful of static Classic servers. Maybe a few of each type get fresh servers.

Exactly Eraseist

And limit each player to committing to one faction per server.