How to stop guildies from quitting the game?

how can a game go from an active community with pretty decent engaging pvp to a ghost town in less then 3 weeks? what should i tell the people who are leaving in droves, making the alliance situation much worse?

i don’t even think bg’s will fix this imbalance problem.

Tell them to reroll on a PvE server, where none of this is a problem.

11 Likes

super constructive.

1 Like

Not sure you can. Everything is just so…sterile.

MOST of the gear oriented horde PVP players will gravitate to the BG’s because when the BG’s ship the ONLY place you can keep up with the amount of progression that can be made is in WSG.

The speed that you can win WSG given a good team is absurd, and that’s 1100 points in about 5 min…

Good luck farming that in the world, especially in any kind of group.

Given that DR’s in PVP are 25% with a daily re-set you’re not gonna keep up with a good WSG team; its not even remotely imaginable.

1 Like

Phases were such a mistake.

None of this would be happening if we just had actual 1.12.

6 Likes

Blizzard had the chance to act … they danced around the edges only… it’s downhill from here

3 Likes

I mean, would you like me to lie to you? To look you in the eyes and tell you that no, everything’s going to be all right?

Right now, you’re basically at a binary decision if you aren’t enjoying life on a PvP server, and aren’t willing to stick it out to see if BGs change things: quit or reroll. Anyone saying different is lying to you.

3 Likes

It’s not the answer you want, but it’s the answer you need.

6 Likes

[How to stop guildies from quitting the game?]

Here is one suggestion: honesty. Say this is temporary. It is simply false to imagine that a 2-day or 2-week situation “will last forever”.

The reality is that honor came out, and the rules force players to compete with same-faction players: whoever gets the most kills gets R2, R3. So a lot of players went honor-crazy to build up their Rs.

Because R’s are a weekly cutoff (not a daily cutoff) the problem lasts longer.

We have seen this for 15 years, every time there is a new game unlock. Unlock flying but base it on rep? Millions of players are grinding rep non-stop for a couple weeks. 3 months later? gone. nothing. nada. crickets.

1 Like

Nothing really. Just stay positive if possible that way they feel cozy coming back.

Same boat here for weeks. Part of the mmo cycle Im afraid.

Let them go. It’s only fun to play with people who actually want to be here.

2 Likes

Wish them the best in their lives as they probably have one with many other things to do?

Easy peasy.

Pay their subscription.

convince them to re roll and all level up at the same time?

My preferred method of controlling other people is blackmail.

No more raiding for anyone until they submit to you self incriminating evidence of felony activity.

3 Likes

This is wrong, telling the lower pop faction to reroll is counter productive. We need to tell every one the truth, that joining or staying on the overwhelming faction actually makes you a carebear pansy that cant handle the hard core pvp that can only be experienced on the underdog side. If you have any balls at all and are not just on a pvp server because you were scared of getting made fun of, you will reroll underdog and stop hiding in your numbers.

3 Likes

You can’t control people. Eventually you’ll have to merge guilds and then some day merge servers.

At some point things will settle and the people that want to stick around will and everyone else will leave.

1 Like

So say this is definitely agreed upon and all us Horde rerolls over to Alliance. Eventually, the Horde side will be the underdog, So then aren’t I a carebear pansy AGAIN because I’m on the overpopulated side?

I play Tauren Druid because I LOVE Tauren Druid. Simply stating I’m a carebear pansy for that is kind of ignorant. I could careless if Bigglesworth server was 90% alliance; I would still play my Tauren Druid. And to that point, if Bigglesworth was alliance favored, are you to call those alliance carebear pansies and wouldn’t dare to play on the underdog side?

1 Like

Where did I say which faction, I said roll the underdog side. So make your Tauren druid on a server where the horde is the underdog.