How to start Tides of Vengeance

I got all the AR unlocks on Alliance side, then faction transferred to Horde. As I expected, my reputations transferred, but questline completion did not. I need to complete the Horde version of Tides of Vengeance (I did the alliance side). But how to start doing it?

The first questline is The Day is Won, and the first quest is Our War Continues, given by Nathanos Blightcaller on the ship in Zuldazor. I am there but he does not give me the questline. What do I need to do? How can I start?

I also have not done the “Zandalar Forever!” questline. Is that a pre-req for Tides of Vengeance?

Speak to Nathanos on the Horde ship in the harbor. If that doesn’t start it, then talk to Nathanos in The Great Seal. ((don’t ask me why he is in both places))

Wait. Why is he in both places?

5 Likes

i talked to Nathanos in the Great Seal, and he gave me quest…
…to talk to Nathanos on the ship.

Nathanos on the ship:

1. started and finished the “gather 100 war resources” campaign.
  2. started the follower missions with another NPC
  3. had me pick an Alliance zone to attack first

He had nothing else for me. Just these “starter” quests.

I already have multiple Horde level 120s. Do I have to re-do everything I did from 110 to 120 on them, just to unlock Tides of Vengeance?

Why don’t you just open up the race on those original horde characters.

You have to do the 3 zone quests first to start the rest of the war campaign.

2 Likes

Tides of vengeance is the second part of the war campaign. You have to do the first part still… and that includes picking the alliance zones from the map and opening a foothold there. Just keep going basically…

2 Likes

I worry about doing all the quests on one toon (I got burned splitting it on 3 toons: worked for pathfinder-1 but not for race unlocks). I brought over rep by realm transfer, and don’t want to re-do rep.

But rep seems to be account-wide. So if I do all 6 zones on one Horde toon, then I should be able to do the Tides campaign on that toon.

Thank you for the Horde toon suggestion, and for the explanations. Doing it on one of my original Horde toons will be more fun!

I just started this quest line and it drove me bonkers to try and start it but you have to finish ‘Ready for War’ which by the end after the assault on norwington estate it would take you to Rexxar to start the tides of vengeance.

2 Likes

The fact that this thread has 44k views and 8 posts is pretty bonkers (and yes, I see that it’s a necro. but still)

1 Like

lol I looked up this same thing and it came to this thread.

Did all 3 initial footholds and then the first quest Nathaniel Blightcaller offered after that took me to Nazjatar. Is this the correct progression? Because it feels way off.

having this same issue right now, made 3 footholds and was taken right to Nazjatar. Now the progress on the war chain is hidden and I have no idea where to go.

Follow the orange exclamation point on the map and look for it in the BFA map.

None left on the map, and now I’m 56 and can’t see quests above NPCs heads. All current orange “!” quests are completed aside from beating N’zoth. Chromie won’t offer me a scaling option for BFA since I’m basically done with the campaign.

Have you went and check the embassy?

Yeah, I’ve got Vulpera now, but I’ve not done Tides of Vengeance and have zero of the 4 parts done. At this point I’m combing through every quest available, I recall someone saying if you don’t have 6 board mission allies then you can’t start it, I’m at 5/6. Hoping Mechagon island has some answers.

You don’t have to have all 6. If you have transferred and stuff then you are out of luck because it’s a bug.

Nope, fresh character 4 days ago. I’m guessing there’s a huge series of quests that went away because they added a “Skip to Nazjatar early” quest.

Did you speak with the Tauren lady over at the docks that’s how the tides of vengeance starts. And did you complete the campaign up to the raid? Because that raid is now optional.