How to start Korthia .. on an alt?

I’m Renown 41. But I haven’t really done any of the campaign (quest log shows me at 1/9).

Am I really going to have to go through all of the campaign (which includes HAVING to do Torghast) just to start Korthia??

I assumed it would just be “talk to Venari, start the events that lead to Korthia.”

Is venari even there to talk to if you do none of the campaign?

Yeah, like I said I’m 1/9 so I’ve done SOME of it. Opening the Maw is pretty basic. You meet Venari, she gives you a FedEx quest, and that’s when you see Baine abducted.

Venari then gives you a quest to go into TG, which is I when I promptly say “n ty”, and go about doing other things.

None of my alts have set foot in TG.

edit: AHHHH I just found it:

`https://www.wowhead.com/news/how-to-unlock-korthia-in-patch-9-1-quest-requirement-and-quest-skips-322968#news-post-322968

You have to at least be on CHAPTER 2 … which means you HAVE to have gone through TG to find Baine, before you can start the intro quest to Korthia. FML!!!

2 Likes

I have only ever gone to korthia on my main but it didn’t feel campaign locked.

If youre already 41, youve done the hard part. Yeah, youll have to do the story quests it seems. Youre going to have to anyway for the future lines

No where near the requirements on my main, let alone my alts to enter that zone. I guess I will just have to ignore that it exists.

Hello. I leveled a new alt to 60 yesterday and have now caught up in Korthia.

You do your intro to your Sanctum (which you can skip to the Soulbinding part for with a dialogue option), then you get sent to Oribos for the Torghast Intro stuff (which you can also skip now with a dialogue option), then you can just start the Korthia chain.

So basically you do a couple “dialogue” quests for your Covenant Sanctum and Torghast without actually having to leave sanctuary zones, then you can start the Korthia chain.

My Renown Level starting Korthia was 3.

Edit: Okay, I left sanctuary zones for like 8 seconds to walk between the FP in Bastion to the Sanctum intro quest.

3 Likes

talk to bolvar…

He gives lots of skips now.

I’ll try that on next alt.

Because I went into TG. I found Baine. But there is TONS of other stuff to do after that, Venari still won’t talk to me about Korthia yet.

This sucks. >(

You have to unlock the Runecarver. Then the Runecarver sends you on two quests… I’m still doing this crap. SUCKS

bolvar has a skip for that

Well because I was already on it, I finished the Runecarver’s quest.

Annnd… still nothing from Venari. >((((((

Going to talk to Bolvar…

As soon as I zoned back into Oribos, I was given “The First Move.”

Yea, ven’ari didn’t start anything with the new story line. She was just part of it.

On an alt i talked to bolvar and skipped everything and was 3/9 on the Korthia campaign. Everything was unlocked except the archivist dude.

I was hoping the korthia skip would skip the covenant campaign and open up soul binds. It sucks so bad having to do pointless content to get to the real content.

1 Like

I’ve got 2 toolns to 42,was a pain but I did it

Apparently you miss out on a ton of valuable loot doing the Korthia skip, though. Including a weapon, hugely valuable for freshly-dinged alts.

Why they chose to do it that way I don’t know - it feels also spiteful. “You keep asking for a skip? FINE! Have your skip! And we’ll keep our loot!”

1 Like

???

You get a 187 or something from the korthia intro.

Yes, and if I’m understanding the skip correctly, you miss the quest that rewards that.

I mean you skipped the quest line why should you get the reward?

Those people who just want to start korthia will click skip and those who really want the gear will actually do the quests. Personally rares and dailies drop enough 200-207 ilvl stuff that in a week your bags are full anyway.

Both my alts skipped to korthia, and done 2 days of dailies and 1 assault, one has 7 pieces of gear including 2 weapons, the other has 4 pieces including a 207 weapon.

You don’t. I just did it yesterday with the skips.