How to Socket a Domination Shard

How do I actually do this?

Right clicking on the shard in my inventory does nothing.

Do I have to go somewhere to do it?

Shift right click on the piece of domination gear you’d like to socket it into, and drag it into the slot. When you mouse over the piece of gear it tells you what to press to socket it.

1 Like

Omg this entire time I had no idea that’s how you socketed gear.

I’ve just been living without it!

Thanks!!

Though apparently I don’t have domination socket despite buying something I thought applied a dom socket from the Bonesmith

2 Likes

The bonesmith sells an item that allows you to remove socketed gems from domination gear without destroying the gem.
The only way to get a piece of gear with a domination socket is from the raid or I think the Death’s Advance quartermaster sells one piece of gear with a domination socket if you have the reputation requirement.

2 Likes

See this right here. The game doesn’t even explain basics like how to actually put a gem in a socket. Blizzard is so lazy about acquainting new players to the game they added a Guide system so veteran players can volunteer to do Blizzard’s job for them. I don’t understand how anyone finds this acceptable. I serve as a guide because I want new players to stay but basics like how to switch between chat channels, how to socket, how to get from one continent to another. These questions happen all day. Were I a new player i probably wouldn’t stick around for long because they make no effort to teach you game systems.

2 Likes

It literally says on the equipment how to socket.

2 Likes

Yeah, it seems obvious once you know. Not when you’re trying to figure it out.

Same way you put gems in any socket ever in wow…

I’ve never put gems in a socket. I think that’s very obvious from my question…

Ever ? How can you get through wow and never use a gem socket, it seems like you would have to actively avoid it.

By being a new player. I know it’s a crazy concept.

New at level 60 ?

What? Yes a new player that leveled to 60 in this expansion would literally never encounter a scenario where they had to socket gear.

Except this one did otherwise they wouldn’t have been asking about sockets …

Also you get loads of socket gear while leveling usually.

Right… after you start raiding and get your first socket which is literally why OP made this post.

You’re the one that was ranting about how it’s impossible for someone to not know how to use sockets.

Ranting …OK buddy, I see you are just trolling bye bye now.

You get plenty of socket gear leveling from 1 to 60 stop acting a fool and welcome to ignore :wave:

Jesus Christ lmao you’re so dense. Literally cringing at this

3 Likes