How to return to BfA, unlock world quests

Started Shadow and apparently dropped BfA. Now I want to complete so I can fly but attunement guide @ WoWHead shows I’m missing Foothold 3. Yet, I’ve no idea where to pick it back up…?

The footholds are part of the War Campaign. So, head to the ship with Halford Wyrmbane (A)/Nathanos Blightcaller(H) and see if there are any quests there to pick up. (On your first character through BfA, there’s an Island Expedition tutorial you need to do before you can do the 3rd foothold.) If there’s nothing there, check the world map on the enemy faction’s continent and see if there are any big “!” on the map. If you started a foothold, but didn’t finish it, that should get you back on track.

After you’ve done the footholds, make sure you pick up your Heart of Azeroth, as you’ll need to have done that to unlock world quests and continue further on the War Campaign. You can get the HoA by picking up the quest “A Dying World” from the Earthen Guardian npc. (Near the inn in Boralus for Alliance, and near the harbor flightpath in Zuldazar for Horde.)

1 Like

Well, thanks for trying but talked to everyone on the ship, in the harbor masters office and checked the tables on both and nothing. Same with the map, no big ! anywhere.

Maybe because I haven’t finished the campaign in Revendreth? Only 1 campaign can be active at a time?

Your Shadowlands shouldn’t have any affect on it. The BfA campaign stuff might not show up at the top of the quest log once you’re working through Shadowlands, so make sure you check through your quest log to see if you have any quests that might be BfA related.

Finally figured out where the achievement was in the in-game tracker then compared to the achievement tracker @ WoWHead but thats where it ends. Apparently its a quest somewhere between # 37 and 52. Only 1 NPC left to check. Already have a ticket in though, tired of this silliness.

Again, thanks for your efforts.

UPDATE EDIT: Well, not sure what fixed it but disabled addons, reset ui and nothing.

Re-enabled addons and searched again and it popped up @ Bronzebeard, where I’d been and even clicked on previously. Talking to him in the past, it just looked like a trivial quest. The big ! only popped on the map after re-enabling addons though…

Edit #2: Ok, that WASN’T it. That only enabled the completion of the 3rd foothold and Wyrmbane STILL wasn’t offering any further quests AND the quest tracker offered NOTHING for help since it doesn’t list Complete/Incomplete quests for Wyrmbane.

For now it looks to be back on track again though because further reading showed I needed the Heart of Azeroth and now obtained, Wyrmbane is again offering quests, now @ ‘Uniting Kul Tiras’ which hopefully puts me firmly back on track.

FOUR FRIKKIN DAYS OF DIGGING. - NOT FUN!

1 Like

Man, you save my life!

you saved me thank you