How to report harassment

I’m pretty sure there are limits to this. In severe cases they do step in. Heard blizz comment on it before cant give an exact quote though.

reporting harassment as spam, is pointless… and will result in zero outcome.
I’m not interested in arguing with you.
I just want to make sure that the correct information is provided.

Continuing the discussion from Spotlight on: Harassment:

If it crosses over into Zone Disruption they will, but other than that, no. They expect us to head back to a city and turn off PvP. On Classic/Wrath you find others and fight back.

Here is the policy

Common Problems

• A player is camping me
  • Keep being ganked and can’t play the game at all
  • A player of the opposite faction is killing NPCs
    The Game Master staff will not intervene in Player versus Player (PvP) disputes.

World of Warcraft

If you do not wish to engage in open world PvP combat in World of Warcraft, disable War Mode.

WoW Classic and Wrath of the Lich King Classic

If you do not wish to engage in regular PvP combat, you must create your character on a Player versus Environment (PvE) realm. On a PvE realm, you can freely choose when you want to engage in open world PvP combat by enabling or disabling your PvP flag.

If you chose to create your character on a PvP realm, Game Masters will not address situations where you are repeatedly killed by the opposite faction. This includes situations that may be considered dishonorable such as corpse camping or killing players well below your level.

3 Likes

Only stuff like killing low level questgivers etc. Given you can easily avoid any pvp interaction by turning off Warmode they will no longer interfere in any strictly PvP related scenario.

1 Like

The correct information WAS provided. I literally linked the Spotlight and when I told him to right click report it was for this:

Please follow the discussion next time before you nitpick incorrectly. Thanks. Have a nice night.

…which wouldn’t be able to happen if they were on ignore.

right?
right.

you’re welcome!

1 Like

Keep putting him on ignore and keep reporting him every time he circumvents the ignore.

I mean, I’d be down if OP created a raid group and we all went snipe hunting for this guy, if he keeps flagging himself to kill them lol.

I have raid in less than an hour though, so we gotta be quick.

Account wide ignore has been in the game since 9.1.5 I think. Just turn off war mode/pvp flag and actually use ignore.

2 Likes

This is just very suspicious. If there is a problem then blizzard will solve it. If not then clearly you’re not telling us everything.

Goldshire is pvp drama central no matter what the server. Yet its amazing to me that no one knows how to leave there an not cause drama.
U really can’t tell anyone out there to just ignore someone or dont engage their pride wont allow it.

Blizzard doesn’t solve everything like u think. Sometimes they want there players to deal with it

Arent in game ignores account wide for the ignored? It is per toon for ignoree

I looked it up and as of 9.1.5 it’s account wide… You’re lying.

I’ve been around long enough to see a lot of people claiming “blizzard does nothing” when it comes to ongoing harassment.
…and time and time again, it’s shown that the “victim” isn’t taking the most basic of steps to protect themselves.

I have no idea what you were hoping to accomplish by posting here, but if you had a legitimate issue where YOU were doing the right thing, and blizzard was failing to take action, you wouldn’t be posting in General Discussion.

You’d be posting over in Customer Support.

Feel free to go post over there so we can get the full story…

3 Likes

One I have given the full story and 2 I have reported them to blizzard 3 times if ur gonna make assumptions do it on someone else post cause I don’t got time nor energy for u. As well as I was looking for more ideas on how to deal with it. And some have given me more ways to deal and report them unlike u

i’ve provided you with all the information you need… as have a few others.

however, you would have got better information by posting over in CS, because a blue would have looked into your history and told you what (if anything) you are doing wrong, along with debunking your claim of blizzard “not doing anything”.

…i can assure you, if blizzard aren’t doing anything, it’s because there is something which you’re not doing correctly in the process.

2 Likes

To claim I am not giving the full story tho is a huge assumption cause I only go on here with full story and I only go on here for help or to get a but fixed. Secondly I been playing seen classic they did than now they don’t do as much as ur saying cause they give almost everyone a generic message or just redirect people to there in-game reports they don’t do much anymore

“Wm mode” isn’t a thing. If you’re in warmode you can turn off warmode and leave it off. If you’re flagged but not in war mode, why did you do that?

when you get a generic message which doesn’t solve the issue, you re-open it.

I do it cause me and my friends in gs mess around. The person that kills us does it with a raid group cause his heart got broken basically. But we have chosen to turn it off for now. But he is toon hopping to say stuff but I am doing what some have said in this forum and that report and ss everything he says at us and ignore him

back in my day blizzard had GMs to deal with this. now they have automated msg systems

1 Like