How to report farmers making real life gold

Gold farmers are taking all the herbs and making real money from it. I try farm herbs to make my own pots for raid but there are none, the farmers get them all. I was talking to 1 of them who admitted they get paid real money to farm herbs. Can you please do something about these guys they are ruining my love for the game. The price of every herb on the aution house has sky rocketed on my server (Yojamba horde) and its become rediculous.

2 Likes

So there are no herbs to be found yet the prices are sky high? :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah see based on what you state he said he is payed to farm herbs. This not against tos as he is not selling herbs or gold for money he is just payed for logging in and farming its a loophole sure but technically not against the rules

Blizzard doesn’t have a ToS. They have a Player’s Code of Conduct with covers all of their games and an EULA which basically states they own everything and you own nothing.

People being paid to play World of Warcraft is as old as World of Warcraft itself. Using hacks or botting while playing World of Warcraft is against the EULA and is criminal in Blizzard’s eyes. They have been suing companies that make and develop bots for World of Warcraft for decades.

It is a never ending battle for Blizzard. There will always be botting. It is a fact of life until Blizzard invests in tools to better identify the botting programs used or change the behavior behind it.

1 Like

True, but you are a farmer too. Your competition gets them all. Some of them might work for gold-selling companies, but most of them don’t.

You can’t report players for farming. You farm too. They can only sell herbs in the auction house. There is no market for trading herbs for real life dollars, is there? There is nothing wrong with farming herbs and selling them in the AH.

The cheating comes later – selling the gold for dollars.

You can right-click on his name and report him for cheating and then type in why you are reporting him (he stated in whispers he is gold selling for real money). Nobody else actually answered this. Do not expect immediate results.

Do not report people for just farming herbs unless it’s a situation like this, they are doing something like fly or ground hacking, or are obviously botting.

You are farming herbs for your own consumes (I do the same). Others farm for their own consumes, to sell for in-game gold which there is nothing wrong with, or whatever else.

I also accidently befriended a gold farmer that admittedly said he plays the game to make gold to sell for real life money, and he was living in Indonesia. He even raided with a guild here and there for fun on the side. They come in all forms sadly.

I also felt all hope lost in the game when I logged into Hillsbrad on an Alt and saw all the mage bots leveling up mindlessly and unhindered, and no herbs around to take. Whats the point anymore?

1 Like