How to put a transmog set together

I came back to WoW after BfA launched; there were no transmogs the last time I played WoW. Here’s my question: once I identify a look that I like, what’s the best way of figuring out how to put it together?

There are lots of different items that use the same graphic; what’s the best way of figuring out the easiest way to obtain the items that I want? I’m a casual, solo player, so I don’t have the resources or manpower of a guild to farm old content, etc.

It seems like an annoying task, so I’ve come to ask you fine people how the pros do it.

Thanks!

Unless the appearances you’re looking for are crafted or sold by a vendor, there’s no “easy” way to get them other than to just farm the dungeon/raid that drops them.

Everything up to Legion is pretty trivial to solo at this point (though the first boss in Hellfire Citadel is annoying if you’re not a brewmaster monk), so it’s just a matter of going out, killing bosses, and hoping RNG is in your favor.

The best way to find out where to actually get stuff is to look up the names of the items in your appearance collection (make sure the “uncollected” filter is checked) and then go to wowhead to see which bosses/difficulties drop what you want.

See the sticky at the top of the forum for helpful addons.

Mogit is still easily the best addon (You can find it if you just google “Warcraft Curse Mogit”)

Also worth pointing out that most old raids are pretty easily soloed, although some might be a little annoying with Mythic raids in WoD. Legion stuff you’ll probably want some people with, but if you check the Group Finder under Premade groups -> Legacy Raids you’ll find people running that you can just join for an easier run :slight_smile:

Definitely recommend Mogit. You can create your dream appearance, save it. Then obtain all the items like a shopping list.

As for creating a visually pleasing mog yourself. There’s a few ways you can go about it. You can think of your character from an RP standpoint and make a mog from there. You’re a monk, so you can think of him as the ultimate zen master and make a clean looking mog, or he could be a drunkard who’s a master of martial arts and dress more raggy.

What I like to do most often is: find a gear piece that you really like the look of, then color coordinate and base the rest of the transmog around that one piece. That’s how I come up with most of my outfits.

Worst comes to worst, most WoW armor sets are designed to go together, so you could just get all the pieces and use the entire set appearance as Blizzard intended it. But most serious transmoggers prefer to cook up their own unique looks.

As a 120, most raids up till Legion are easy to solo. Even with older raids I still see plenty of transmog groups running them in LFG. For the PvP pieces, you’ll often need Marks of Honor, so you might have to farm some battlegrounds for the currency. Transmogs are also a lucrative trade, so you might need some gold for pieces on the AH. Hope this helps, and welcome to the wonderful world of transmogging. (The best thing about WoW)

1 Like