How to pass 295 mining in classic?

Curious how do i get pass 295 mining in classic? Wanted to finish this before moving on to Outland and been stuck like this for few days. Tried keep mining on thoriums, but doesnt seem to get any more points on grey.

If you classic era, then I think I did Rich Thorium veins (theres some consistent spawns in Ungoro).

2 Likes

Rich thorium is the way to do it. You might also find when you train mining in outlands that the lowest level outlands ore gives skill ups from 295 (but not sure about that).

Or smelting Dark Iron ore

2 Likes

Learn Dark Iron ore smelting from the quest in Blackrock depths. Smelt the ore near the entrance to Molten core.

2 Likes

Alright i will try that, thanks.

yeah i manage to mine at least a hundred plus rich thorium, still no luck there.

I have reached 295 and I have the book to learn Goblinā€™s guide to Elementium but I canā€™t use it unless I have skill level 300. According to my recipe list this gives skill points. How can it when I need top skill points to learn

Certain recipes in various expansions have retained their original coding showing Orange or Yellow skill difficulty even when they required max skill to learn. It now seems more like a bug due to the Legion profession revamp where it was no longer required to level each expansionā€™s professions to learn the next expansions professions.

Still, I suspect Dark Iron is the only real avenue.

1 Like

You can get 5 skill points from the darkmoon faire mining quest, but it applies that to the newest expansion to the oldest. So you would have to be maxed in dragonflight mining - outlands before it gave you classic points. Unless you only have classic mining trained.

This ^^^

I typically buy the Dark Iron quest stuff and ore in the AH when I get to Mining 290.

Then it is off to Blackrock Depths.

https://www.wow-professions.com/guides/dark-iron-ore-smelting

I have also just farmed the heck out of Rich Thorium Veins in Unā€™Goro Crater.

This is another guide:

https://www.wowhead.com/classic/guide/mining-leveling-1-300-wow-classic