How to make Mechagnomes more appealing, by Gearbox Jenkins

Go all the way and turn them into Gobots.

2 Likes

This is the only thing I would change slightly. Instead of:

I would remove the ā€œbothā€ portion. Mostly because I believe the more we see of the mechanical, the better. Otherwise, might as well just play a Gnome.

But most of what you have in those options does show a lot of the mechanical, as well. So itā€™s really just a minor point that I wouldnā€™t get fussed over. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wonder if giving Mechagnomes an exposed brain dome would cross a line.

Could depend on how Calia will handle the Leper Gnomes among the Forsaken as we mostly covered the elven Darkfallen so far.

Considering the High Tinker position will be opened soon, this plot might arrive soon.

2 Likes

I think Mechagnomes would be more popular if they were a barbershop alteration for all Gnomes instead of an Allied Race. Man Alliance got screwed over in BfA.

2 Likes

Personally I hope they use their intelligence to create technology akin to the end of ā€˜Mars Attacksā€™ I want a human head on a dog body, more specifically Sara Jessica Parkers head on a dog body.

Undead & Mechagnomes = frankenstein experiments x1000

3 Likes

I dunno about that, Dark Iron are the best Allied Race.

1 Like

Give them large pronounced chins

1 Like

Wasnā€™t that in the movie Mars Attacks?

2 Likes

I dont think you can make gnomes, mechanical or otherwiseā€¦ Look good. I see them and itā€™s just a joke. Its tiny clowns running around with tiny steak knives. But If they wanna try (blizzard) Go for it.

1 Like

There was vaultbot but iā€™m not sure if that counts. Perhaps the crawling hands? Itā€™s weird theyā€™re five digits for a four (or two) fingered race.

2 Likes

I donā€™t disagree, but many other allied races can look remarkably like their base race. For example, Lightforged can cover all their tattoos with mogging. Highmountain can look just like regular tauren with the only real difference being the antlers. Feels like Mechagnomes always having visible mechanical feet and hands would be enough.

And yet they still basically only have one body and no mogging.

One way to find out! For science!

1 Like

I get ya! Thatā€™s why I said:

1 Like

Looking up vault bot and seeing his slurpee is adorable, like whatā€™s it filled with? Oil? However I think once thereā€™s a conscious mind behind said robot it becomes less adorable and more menacing :wink: it could basically be chucky at that point

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say no to the kind of clear bits the Mordesh had in WildStar that showed their organs and bones. I believe one of the male customization options was a clear top of the head. Sadly, Iā€™m not finding any good pictures that show their see through parts, so have this nice art of them instead.

RIP WIldStar :cry:

4 Likes

I was thinking Dr. Gero (or Dr. Wheelo) but thatā€™s a much better idea as I think I recall we could change the color of the tubes and containers.

2 Likes

Mechagnomes need to differentiate themselves from regular Gnomes to make them more appealing, and the biggest way to do that is for them to have different classes available to them. Most notably, Druid, and perhaps Shaman.

Having the exact same classes available to them as regular Gnomes mean thereā€™s little incentive in rolling one, especially considering the unlock requirements, even after having removed the rep requirements.

Why roll a Mechagnome priest, or warrior, or rogue, when regular gnomes are right there, donā€™t have any requirements to be unlocked, and have better transmog options?

2 Likes

There are some traces of night elves and drust on the isle but nothing proving itā€™s connected to the Emerald Dream such as Gol Inath and Fateā€™s End nearby. :world_map:

Losing the diaper look would be a nice start :slight_smile:

1 Like

Colors maybe, but all hairstyles being shared isnā€™t happening for the same reason that no other core race shares all of its hair options with its allied race. The people who want more shared hairstyles between blood elves and void elves say hello.

Should happen. I would pay out the nose for my mechagnome priest to have yellow or purple eyes.

Would you idiots stop pushing the ā€œcouldā€™ve been barber optionsā€ crap while singling out mechagnomes? They were never going to be barber options; not when they got their own zone, not when they were foreshadowed all the way back in 8.0, not when literal recolors like Lightforged, Dark Irons, and Magā€™har constitute their own races. You wouldnā€™t have gotten sethrak or a second night elf allied race in their place if Blizzard screwed them over.

Also, how would them being demoted to cosmetics have made them more popular? If anything, they would be even LESS common because the people who play mechagnomes for their racials over their looks wouldnā€™t be running around.

The Alliance got the same amount of attention that the Horde got. Itā€™s been 4 years, quit complaining that Blizzard didnā€™t go the extra mile and stack the Allianceā€™s allied race roster with 5 NPC races from WotLK or earlier.

Thereā€™s no need. Weā€™re already the most perfectness disciples of Nā€™Zoth anyone could ask for.

And when it comes to making cookies, weā€™re better than an easy bake oven!!! We have more settings.

1 Like