How to improve speed/reaction

Hello there high ranking players (if you arent high rank im not talking to you),

I wanted to ask a serious question and i appreciate your thoughts in advance. We are all well aware in every community there are levels. Some people just put in more effort/time and that’s why they are in the top. I used to always try arena, but keep myself handicapped with very limited binds (literally just some focus binds), because i would refuse to bother myself with any combination that made me uncomfortable the slightest (i wanted to go high rating without effort i guess).

When I randomly watched a reckful video like 3 days ago and the video camera was showing his keyboard for some reason, i was just astonished at the super fast tapping of so many weird key bind combinations he was smashing ( and of course this reflected on his fast gameplay and quick execution etc. ), and well that just got me super motivated to stop being a potatoe and i started making so many useful key binds and smashed bunch of skirmishes to get myself used to it. I got to say it speeded up my gameplay a lot because i barely ever need to use mouse for targeting, or targeted cc/interrupts. That’s all fine and dandy, but I still struggle with speed of execution. Arena 123 binds kind of got me being slow to execute sometimes. does it just improve with practice? or is there any other advice besides key bindings you guys have?

Thanks Doods,

It’s muscle memory and humility.
Gonna take time and practice and you will probably do it more than once to improve and become more efficient.

1 Like

takes time.

1 Like

you might also have inefficient binds if youre struggling to press them

A lot of stuff is proactive instead of trying to be reactive, little cues you see over and over again.

Don’t listen to these guys. Cast sequence macros are the way to go. That way you only need to hit one button.

1 Like

Meh, drinkin 12 oz of G Fuel does the trick for me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart: :yum: :kissing: :rofl: :kissing: :sweat_smile: :sunglasses: :clap: :clap: :clap:

You’ll want bindings that are comfortable for you. Like what Remixxed mentioned. OP you’re mentioning reckful, and he’s a weirdo. Like, keybinding wise. So make sure to use your own keybinds and not his. Pretty sure his hands were down at like zxc like it was maple story or something.

As for how to improve, just practice. If it was a better expansion i’d say spam duel but I’m not sure there’s a lot of reaction dicated stuff in dueling anymore. Haven’t dueled in a while.

If you’re only just now making macros, struggling with arena123 and in the same breath saying only high rated people are allowed to give you advice then you got bigger issues, bud.

2 Likes

10/10 copypasta

One thing I like to use is modifier macros so I can use the same bind multiple things. For example I have a single button for grip but if I hold shift and then push my grip button it changes to focus grip without needing to have two separate buttons.

1 Like

If you want to find out how to improve speed and reaction time you should use google not the wow arena forums. Most people here aren’t very bright. In general quick reflexes are just something you’re born with but it helps to exercise(cardio) and get blood flowing to the brain. Also like someone already mentioned preemptive thinking is very important in this game. Try to anticipate a cast you need to kick or a divine favor you need to purge before it actually happens and you’ll react much quicker.

2400 capped destro lock said wat? :~)

Case in point btw. Imagine if I was actually on this guy’s level of intelligence and started defending myself lol.

ya then u wouldnt be a 2400 reroll destro lock :sweat:

Must be rough getting self-validation from rating in a game that’s reaching mobile gaming levels of simplicity and actually thinking your rating is somehow tied to skill and intellect.

2 Likes

I like to say words in sentences because I know English.

ya i’m glad it took this for u to finally accomplish something

well kinda

2 bfa duelists are ruff

u mean the 2 bfa seasons i didn’t play lol?

whos validation is under attack now