How to improve Bel'ameth

I know PTR is constantly changing and Blizzard add new parts every week, but that doesn’t stop anyone from speculating on the final result and giving own ideas how to turn Bel’ameth into the best racial capital! This might be fun thing for speculation.

These are my suggestions that would really improve the final result in my eyes.

Light change.

The sun rays and blue sky over the capital of the NIGHT Elves do not suit the ambience of this race. Canonically, night elves are nocturnal, so everyone should sleep there in the middle of the day. Add night sky/twilight. We have a beautiful example of this in Suramar. The Emerald dream trailer itself in patch 10.2.5 showed a night full of stars around a tree. Silver and purple are the colors most associated with Teldrassil, these lights should shine through the branches in every part of the island. Just use black inky potion, this small item completely changes our perception of the island. When I use it, I feel this is what this zone should really look like.

For fun, I would add luminescent water around the island. In the DF trailer we see this effect on the island shores, but not in game itself. I believe that it was thanks to Amirdrassil islands starts to woke up, so it would be nice to see this effect in the seas of ​​Ohn’ahran planes.

Bigger New city.

Bel’ameth is too small to be called a full-fledged capital. There is definitely not enough space there. I don’t know where they will find a place for the real Temple of Elune, or residential districts. As we can see, the top of the tree is too small to build a new city there, so I come with a slightly crazy idea. Let’s create a real city in the arena around the Heart of Amirdrassil. The platform had enough space for us to fight the huge dragon, and if it wasn’t enough, you could simply expand this area. It’s a magical tree, we’ve seen stranger things in lore, than a pocket dimension inside of the tree. We still don’t know what that blue light was at the top of Amirdrasill trailer, maybe it was a portal into the tree zone where we would find a real temple and a proper new city combining the architecture of Kaldorei and Ardenweald over a night sky with a full moon.

Not just the druid zone.

Amirdrassil is beautiful, but if you’re not a druid you won’t feel the full vibe of this place. Darnassus was also heavy pro nature, but it managed to find a balance with other aspects of the Kaldorei. The night elves have become too close to druidism in recent years. I know it’s a huge part of their culture, but don’t let this part completely consumed others. Humans mainly worship Light, but they still have arcane or industrial district. Walking under these roots I see Val’sharah, not Darnassus.

The pool beneath Bel’ameth contains water from the well of eternity, although dilutied should be one of Arcane’s most powerful sources on the planet, especially if the pool is so close to Vakthros. Let’s build there a sanctuary of magic there where mages and blue dragons will study the relationship between arcane, death and nature.

Shamans from all over the world will come to the city to better communicate with our ancestors, let the connection with the supreme goddess of death mean something. Caves under the roots become full of altars and totems that help talks to the spirits and the earth itself.

Make there a hunter’s paradise. The fauna of Amidrassil contains species from other dimensions found nowhere else. Of course Azeroth’s hunters will come there looking for new companions, challenges and preys.

Dragons everywhere!

I want to see as many dragons as possible in every part of the island. I especially care about the Greens and Reds, but they all should patrol and visit the new island. Kaldorei and dragons have had a very close relationship for thousands of years, this should be show more in the game itself. The tree itself allowed Azeroth to bless the Aspects, so this place should have special meaning for each dragon. If Azeroth’s blessing works in a similar way to Nordrassil and Kaldorei, the risk of losing a tree causes the risk of losing blessings.

Portals to Kalimdor.

Portals to the old night elf zones should be replaced with real portal models like we have for Emerald dream. This would solidify the connection between the Dragon Ises and Kalimdor better than two random mages. Each of the portals should be defended by a pair/group of dragons, these portals are the backdoors to the islands/a new source of their power, so of course dragons themselves should help secure them.

How do you like my ideas? How would you improve the new capital?

1 Like

Hi I’m a Troll player can I please get a flight path added to my racial capital

I have harbored this idea for since Legion of building a city underground in a similar art style to that of the newer Barrow dens, with some surface level installations. What better way to reflect your commitment to ensuring nature’s uninterrupted than building where you do not need to chop down trees or otherwise disrupt things? That seems like the only way to build significantly on Amirdrassil as it is all uphill rocky terrain.

Silly troll, everyone knows all trolls live in Zandalar now.

1 Like

It contains water from the temple moonwell in Darnassus not the WoE itself.
This is diluted extremely…

1 Like

Oh, silly troll, you already have one!!

There are many flight paths connected to Orgrimmar!!

2 Likes

I Am Very Mad

3 Likes

Live Footage of Kohnila.

4 Likes

Why not? :slight_smile: Each race building their own city on the islands is a fun idea. Orcs would bring their spikes to broken shores, Vulpera would set up their caravans in Thaldraszsus, Draenei would crash another ship on forbidden reach

I love the idea of ​​the Amirdrassil cave network/roots be entirely dedicated to the ardenweald theme, the surface is a druidic/emerald dream area, when the crown and interior of the tree should be focused on the more cosmic part of Elune

1 Like