How to hide role icon on player frame

Hello, I’m looking for a script or an addon that will hide my damage dealer role from my player frame - as I find it annoying and already know what role I am…

Thank you!

PlayerFrameRoleIcon:Hide()
1 Like

Thank you!

Hmm it actually doesnt seem to work, I wonder if the new patch screwed some interface things up?

Maybe:

PlayerFrameRoleIcon.Show = function() end

Or:

PlayerFrameRoleIcon:HookScript("OnShow", function(self) self:Hide() end)
1 Like

THIS WORKED PERFECTLY, so I should add a correction. Ketho’s script would work in a /run but then spontaneously (without reloading) a minute or so later my role would re-appear. However after putting this into an addon it runs perfectly and I no longer have to run the script from in game, thank you very much!

May I ask how you added it to an existing addon

You make a new one specifically for it. Can’t post a link directly so go to

addon(DOT)bool(DOT)no

Go there, give it a name, paste the script above into it and then hit create. It’ll generate the Lua files for you. Then download and unzip and put it in your addon folder like normal. When the game loads it’ll run the script automatically.

You MAY or may not have to put /run at the beginning, but I don’t think that’s necessary anymore.

1 Like

I would use:

PlayerFrameRoleIcon:HookScript("OnShow", function(self) self:Hide() end)

in a .lua file or creating a standalone addon as described by Wulfsbane

The /run is only required for a macro.

Been playing this game since vanilla. Didn’t even know this site was available. Thanks so much for your help!

Wrap them in code tags (</> button in the editor)
https://addon.bool.no/

1 Like