How to get Wrath heirlooms in Cata and beyond?

Hi guys,

How do you get Wrath heirlooms once Cata/Mists arrives? I can’t imagine getting Wrath badges anymore, so will there be a new vendor/currency for Wrath heirlooms?

Thanks

Justice points would be my guess.
I think badges turn into justice points in the cataclysm prepatch

1 Like

The TBC / Wrath badges are removed and all consolidated into a currency called Justice Points. Justice Points, if I’m not mistaken, are used to purchase older Heirlooms and non-current raid tier items.

Items for the current tier are purchased with Valor Points.

Justice and Valor, I believe, are acquired the same as how Wrath sort of handles emblems now. Valor is rewarded from Heroic Dungeons (up to a limit per week I think?) and from the current raid. Justice is rewarded from, well, I guess anything non-current. You can also exchange Justicer Points for Honor, and Honor for Justice.

2 Likes

Only Frost Emblems will be converted, everything below is converted into gold.

1 Like

The ones that currently exist will be sold for justice points, which is the equivalent of emblems in Wrath. Not sure if emblems are being converted to justice points, gotta wait for Cata Classic beta.

Additionally you get new 4? new slots which are available after reaching certain guild achievements. These cost gold.

1 Like

Okay so. It looks like the original set (the ones we got today) cost justice points. So basically it’s like badges - comes from PvE objectives.

But then there are extra ones from guild vendor that cost gold.

1 Like

OOO just tagging you 2, cuz you might know.

Read this:
https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/eu-en/14332935499-heirlooms-in-cataclysm/

If you are buying 1-80 heirlooms now, with the hope of using them to 85, then you may be disappointed to find out that they’ll not be working beyond level 80

omg need a blue post to address this.
I’m only missing like 3 looms for stone keeper shards. Got everything else.

1 Like

This is correct. The ability to upgrade heirlooms isn’t introduced until like, MoP or WoD.

1 Like

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

Cata looms iirc already go to 85, but you have to be in a guild that meets the level and/or achievement unlocks to purchase, as well as be Honored with your guild. The later being not so easily attained below max level. Then, I do believe they upgraded the rest somewhere during the middle of the expac.

Yeah I hope looms get upgraded to 85 eventuallllyyyyyy
Ofc they won’t do it right off the bat.

I just don’t want to have to buy new same looms for the 2nd time.

The guild vendor heirlooms scale to 85, but the Wrath heirlooms do not.

However, Cata quest rewards are actually powerful (to the point where you do replace your ICC raiding gear with quest greens), so it’s not an issue.

Also the best time to buy Wrath heirlooms is now. They’re so much cheaper to buy with emblems than they are with Justice Points, and you get very low amounts of JP at 80.

It’s not if they keep up power-wise, it’s the loss of that 25% xp for those last five levels.

as long as current looms dont like turn into grey trash items, i’m good.

I highly doubt that will happen.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.