How to get rid of action bar 1?

There’s a way to get rid of action bar 1?
With the new interface you can create several new bars, but action bar 1 is always in the middle, taking up a lot of space, and you cannot eliminate it or at least reduce the area it takes. The other bars can be stacked or accommodate next to each one, but not action bar 1, which is always on top of all others, making impossible to click on other bars in you stack them as in the previous interface.

So, there’s no option to eliminate once for all action bar 1?

Same issue here. In fact, the icons on my Action Bar 1 are in the bottom left corner and are not editable the same way the other action bars are. I tried minimizing them to the lowest and shifting all keybinds from it to a different action bar. However, the new action bar is not smart with things like stealth, so that was also a fail… Hope they fix this issue soon!

The only solution I’ve found it’s to delete the Interface, WTF and Cache folders completely to reset the entire WoW Interface, then install the addons again and configure the entire thing up.

I had the same thing happening on some of my characters, but not all. I’m lazy and didn’t do a full UI reset, but I turned off all of my add-ons and it was on par with the other action bars. Got it set up and saved, then turned my add-ons back on, and seemed to be fine after that.

1 Like

You won’t find in edit mode. You need to go to Options >> Action Bars and uncheck what bar you want gone.

2 Likes

It worked! thank you!!
Just one note, you must turn on your add-ons AFTER you have logged in with each of your characters at least once, to properly activate the UI. Otherwise, the problem will happen again.

1 Like

I was having the same problem. I narrowed the problem down to Fishing Buddy on my system and my wife’s. If the mod is disabled, Action Bar #1 is normal, but if the mod is enabled, the area of the action bar #1 is grossly oversized and unmanageable.

1 Like

There are beta versions of Fishing Buddy that fix that (this is the current one). There are still some bugs to be worked out but at least it doesn’t do that anymore.

Yup, the latest versions of Fishing Buddy seem to be working fine for me as well (huzzah!) and have major issues resolved. I love this mod and was sad when I had to have it disabled.

The only issue I’ve seen with the latest versions is that I still can’t seem to get the double-R-click to work for EasyCast. Everything else seems to be back to working as expected.

The problem is that FB can’t easily tell anymore when you’re fishing - it can’t see the fishing pole is equipped.

What worked for me was to go into the Fishing tab in FB options and change the Easy Cast pulldown to “Shift”. Now the first time I cast I hold down the shift key & double right-click and that casts & equips the fishing pole; after that I can double right-click without the shift key to cast. If it stops working (like if you move too much or fail to cast for over a minute), just hold down the shift key again.