How to Get Demon Hunter to Outland

Honor Hold Mage in Stormwind takes me to Dark Portal, which I can’t get through. I have done starting Draenor quests and have garrison. Back at the Dark Portal is the invasion so I went to the lady that ‘timewalks’ to before. I have even gone through the Blasted Lands quests thinking there was a breadcrumb or something I was missing. Can’t walk through the portal to get to portal room in SW Mage’s Tower. Thought there was a portal off of the throne room, but it isn’t there now. I might be somehow locked in the phase at SW but haven’t continued the Demon Hunter questline there.

You have to go to Shat. when this happens. It has happened to me on 3 of my toons, the rest have no problem talking to the mage.

3 Likes

Thank you, I will try Shat. I did try the portal room in Dalaran last night but didn’t find one unless I missed it. I’m an infreq player and had forgotten about Shat.

1 Like

there should be a portal straight there for you in the mage tower in Stormwind, its inside the tower that you take the long walkway up to then go threw to glowing portal there and you should have a portal that can get you to any expansion

I couldn’t walk through the portal. If I walked through the SW Mage Tower, what is on the other side of a big bubble is the wall, lol. Now I can’t remember how I got there. I think it was via Darnasus. At some point after being in Outland (Hellfire), I came back through the SW portal to the right of the Dark Portal but just to test after I walked through in the Mage Tower, the portal wasn’t open.