How To Fix World of Warcraft And Make Blizzard Billions

Understand the ideas. I suspect a small group would enjoy your ideas. But it will not earn Blizzard a billion dollars. Unfortunately the major problem with your ideas it they become self-defeating. No one wants to feed world pvp kills to other players.

1 Like

But, as I’ve said before, Blizzard wants their peak of 12 million subs back. There are players out there that are fans of any given expansion and would love to replay/progress through old raids…that was made very obvious via Classic. With all of the existing infrastructure in place, it only makes sense to do so. Also, you’d only “feed” world pvp kills to others if you have war mode on. That system can stay. In case anyone doesn’t know, there is an internal scale that grants significant bonuses to the lesser faction on a particular realm w/ war mode on. They could utilize that scale for things like resources or honor and would be incredibly easy to implement.

The advantages you quote are not advantages. They are terrible ideas and will drive away far more folks than not.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, you run circles in Oribos for fun. Tell me, how is that more interesting than exploring all parts of Azeroth, finding secret mounts, killing epic bosses, being a pvp god, finding the rarest items available? The ideas I’ve provided give players something to do for an almost unlimited amount of time while attracting fans for nostalgia or whatever. 12 million subs from WotLK are far greater than 1.5 Shadowlands subs.

Okay, i was just pointing out that your saying that a company like Blizzard needs more money when they already have tons of money pouring in. Even if WoW is shut down tomorrow, they would still be rich i would imagine.

I wasn’t, but now i am curious to see what kind of source you have to tell us all the current sub numbers, that isn’t just saying “look at the game sales” and equate that to quality (Because weirdly enough some people are convinced that making money means the game is quality) and also equate that somehow into current subs, along with using Superdata’s questionable data collecting sample to help along that. I mean being frank, that’s what a lot of people have been doing since Blizzard stopped sharing their sub numbers.

So proceed, what’s the sources you got here to confirm the current sub numbers? :slight_smile:

…Oh. :neutral_face:

Hmmm… well, you certainly think highly of yourself, don’t you?

Congrats, you pass arithmetic. What’s your point? WoW will never see 12 million subs again no matter what Blizzard does. Those days are over. Would I like to see 12 million people in WoW? Sure. But it is not going to happen.

1 Like

You don’t get 12 million subs by running in circles. You get 12 millions subs by rebuilding WotlK.

Well, I’m sure WOTLK Classic will be along in a few years so let’s see then.

Making a game people hate will make Blizzard lots of money…how?

Okay, can we re-read what my comment’ve said here? :point_down:

Because i think it’s pretty obvious that i don’t see Superdata and game sales as reliable source of information to extract from for our current subs. Superdata’s collecting samples are very questionable and they don’t give us a number it’s multiplying off of (41% down, but what exactly is the number before it got multipled?.. What’s the X value here? X * 0.41% = Y. I mean that’s two numbers missing here.) and game sales, don’t translate to current subs we have today. 3.7 Million copies is all well and good, but it just means that the game sold 3.7 million copies. That doesn’t necessarily mean 3.7 million subs we have right now.

And as i said before but sadly needed to be said again, high game sales don’t equal quality product.

You’re right, concurrent subscribers would mean a quality product. Even if Shadowlands maintained 3.7 million subs, it’s still not 12 million.

Except you’re incorporating everyone’s favorite aspects into one game?

Everyone? I would be shocked–shocked, I say–if even 5% of WoW players claimed to enjoy world pvp, or any pvp for that matter.

1 Like

With what I proposed, you could still gain honor through BGs.

You won’t have a chance in fixing WoW so long as Blizzard has a hand in it.

This expansion should tell you that they’re incapable of handling their own game anymore, not unless time metrics or shifting to an Esports mentality is your goal.

1 Like

This is probably the most accurate response someone has made thus far. Once Blizz sold out to Activision, we’ve been on a downward spiral ever since…

1 Like

The amount of players playing/paying currently isn’t really reliable for knowing quality of the video game either. TF2 for example is by all accounts, a good game and still is today. But it’s at max 100k+ most of the times for their peak player count (going by steam charts), while their avg player count is a bit lower then that. So going by that, it’s a terrible game because of that? How about the numerous amount of single-player games that gets glowing praises in reviews like Destroy All Humans remake for instance? Is it a terrible game because less then a thousand are playing?

Well 12 million is their peak number, anything lower then that doesn’t mean it’s a failure. Not really a winner either because player count as i implied don’t determine quality. I mean that’s playing an EA/Squenix with their whole “Below expectations” whenever a game doesn’t make enough money even though the games are really good.

It’s things like this why whenever i’m talking about the quality of the game, i don’t bring things up like sales or player count and much rather talk about the game’s aspects and how it all comes together to see what works and what doesn’t. Especially since hype is possibly a big reason why there is this high amount of sales or player count these days. I’m sure we all know the first launch No Man Sky situation and how it made $78 million dollars, but a serious mixed bag until the devs patched it years later.

Heck, don’t get me started on Alien Colonial Marines, Watch Dogs, Fallout 76, Simcity 2013, Assassin’s Creed Unity, Battlefield 4, Batman Arkham Knight on the PC, and most recently Cyberpunk 2077 on 8th gen consoles (and possibly on PC) and Outriders. While there is more then just these examples, these are just the high profile examples i can think off the top of my head. Games like that have a high amount of sales and pre-orders are often very broken or not that great or both at launch.

1 Like

Also, world pvp and nostalgia is why people play/ed classic and why it was such a success. Just look at what "War"Craft was:

While a lot of players wouldn’t want to world pvp, there’s still a massive population that would. Just imagine if this were a thing in retail. People are honestly saying that they wouldn’t partake in large scale events like this?

Never. I, being of sound mind, hate pvp.

2 Likes