How to fix the bots

It’s definitely an interesting idea! I don’t know much about “the bot problem,” nor gold buying, etc.

I wonder though, if someone who is an active raider, regularly buying gold, and mostly without penalty one day gets a 6-month ban, if they wouldn’t create a new account, buy gold, and pay for level boosts and BoE gear to get back into their raid group as quickly as possible.

And, maybe not! I really don’t have any insight into what sort of behavioral data may exist.

2 Likes

I would not know, but 6 months is a whole lot compared to 3 days and no one just levels from 58 to 70 quickly, gets all attunements done and on top of that gets gear funneled from the same guild, considering trust would be broken with atleast that guild knowing they could just be banned again, wasting gear on them :slight_smile:

After watching every popular game, and popular pserver get overwhelmed with bots I can’t help but think that a solution isn’t coming any time soon.

lol.

well if you had a business, and every one of your customers only shopped every 6 months, would you still be in said business?

Lets be real here. It’s been over 15 years. Blizzard could get rid of bots if they really wanted to. They don’t care to because they look at them as paying accounts.

They don’t care about our experience that much.

1 Like

That’s a totally unrelated situation. I suggest perhaps you read a little more of the conversation to familiarize yourself with the topic.

The person I had asked has clarified, and we came to a satisfying sharing of our opinions, at least, from my point of view.

It’s not unrelated. it’s literally the point they made, if people are punished harshly for buying gold, and then can no longer buy gold, you are removing the customer from the gold selling equation, thus killing the business.

One guildy bought gold and received a 3 day ban. One clicked on something more times than he should have been able to and received a 6 month ban. The first guildy mentioned also caught a week for afking bgs afterwards.

It’s quite possible that a punishment of a 6 month ban (or a permaban) could result in someone opening a new account and buying more gold. Like I said above, I don’t have access to behavioral data, so my guess is as good as the next person’s, but at least to me it seems like if you abruptly take away someone’s access to an addiction-like hobby, they may be likely to do that.

Whereas a 3-day ban, and a notice that next time the punishment will be more severe may act as a better, longer-term deterrent.

I mean, to me that’s common sense, but I realize that “common sense” isn’t common across cultures or professions.

and get banned again.

Who knows?

If everybody who is buying gold gets banned the first time, then sure. However, if they are buying gold several times without getting banned, then one day get a 6-month ban vs. a 3-day ban (this was the conversation).

In any case, we’ve already had that conversation.

its a known breach of contract. “then one day” is just an eventuality.

I mean…Why would they ever do this? its throwing money away I guess…I have sent video proof of several different bots. nocliping…fish botting…etc… to blizzard and the same bots are legit running around still botting 6+ months

Don’t spend your time with that it just makes you sad and annoyed. If there is no 50k viewer streamer giving attention to the issue live and pointing fingers at blizz for atleast 2 hours and throwing out messages, pressuring them to do something, nothing will happen. Was proven in the past.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.