How to fix server population issues

Don’t play on overpopulated servers if you don’t like them.

Don’t propose ideas to ruin it for those of us who prefer high population.

Go somewhere else.

You’re on Herod. If you don’t prefer the largest possible servers in Classic you simply shouldn’t be. It isn’t like it wasn’t foretold.

It’s almost like there might be more than one reason to pick a particular server.

Shocking, I know.

Nope. Herod, of all servers, was literally stated as being so high population that if you didn’t want 10K + queues, you shouldn’t roll there.

Sorry, but I’m ultimately the authority on my own reasoning. Your opinion in this matter is irrelevant.

Westfall stands out here because it’s a PvE server. I don’t think anybody from a PvP server would want to go there.

Not really.

Don’t get me wrong, if you have a different preference, I feel that you should have realms that are smaller and accommodate you and your preference.

I do not in any way however think that Herod should be forced into being anything but one of the largest population servers of Classic… (as it started, before it even started).

Yes. I am the final authority on my own reasons.

Again, your opinion is irrelevant in this matter.

Again, there are more factors in choosing a realm than population. If you don’t like this fact, you can write down your complaint on a piece of paper, and then take that paper home and flush it down the toilet.

To you, sure.

Also to you, whether you like it or not. :slight_smile:

I have a different perspective.

Your perspective in this case is objectively incorrect.

I’m sorry if this upsets you, but your feelings about why I did or did not choose a server don’t change the facts.

Your usage of “objectively” is incorrect. :slight_smile:

OK. :slight_smile:

No. My use of “objectively” is correct. :slight_smile:

Your perspective about my reasons is just objectively incorrect.

Again, if you don’t like this, feel free to file a complaint in the manner suggested a few comments ago.

It isn’t on me to prove that :wink:

Which perspective about your reasons is that? What is it you are even bringing up with me?

Oh it’s easy to prove what someone’s reasons for picking a server were.

I just have to ask the person who has those reasons. We can determine based on the testimony whether that person picked the server based on population or some other factor.

OK.

:slight_smile:

Turns out I’ve done the experiment. The person in question claims to have had other reasons for picking Herod.

They could be lying, of course, but in this case I’m able to read their mind and determine that they’re not lying about their reasons for picking Herod.

Case closed. :slight_smile:

Are you intending to reply to me?

Here’s what I stated:

Sorry, but the case is closed. Further comment and inquiry should be printed out and submitted to the circular file. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. :slight_smile:

I think it is absurd to think that any of the 200+ devs at Blizzard are “lazy”, or that anyone sets corporate policy as “let’s be a lazy corporation”. Remember, Blizzard is not a person and has no emotions. Let’s be real and not fantasize.

But I agree that Blizzard doesn’t “want” to balance servers. That is their official policy. You want them to balance servers. But they don’t. In their opinion, that is not something they “should” attempt to do. That is not “lazy”.

Recently, Blizzard offered free transfers to move away from 5-hour queues to log in. In a recent blue post, Blizzard said that free transfers were not working. They offered them, but almost no players accepted them.

So apparently that isn’t a “tool” you can use in your balancing.