How to farm gold?

i invested and trained alchemy but idk what to make for gold farming. i also trained mining as well and idk which things to mine for profit. how do i utilize these professions to make gold?

EDIT 1: I just noticed you’re level 10. At such a low level–assuming this is the character you’re trying to use–stick with copper farming in Elwynn Forest until you’ve leveled up your character to handle the advice I’ve given below.

EDIT 2: I have maximum fishing skills so that might have something to do with it, but I went fishing at the Darkmoon Faire last night. In a little over an hour (but less than two) of fishing, I caught a full stack of five hundred fish, about 20 Bloated Threshers, and about half as many crates. Once I sold my Darkmoon Daggermaws on the auction house and opened all my Threshers, it yielded about 4,700 gold. Not bad for maybe an hour and a half of work.
__

I can’t speak on alchemy, but for mining, I currently recommend Shadowlands. Wowhead has some decent guides that’ll show you mining routes. I got two stacks of Shadowlands ore. Without looking them up, I believe they’re called Synvir and Laestrite, in Revendreth. At the auction house I was able to wrap up about a 1,200 gold profit on those two stacks, with some extra for all the skins and loot I got from what I had to kill on my route.

Whenever there’s an expansion about to drop, you can bet the resources from the current expansion will be more popular as players try to prep their characters for the new expansion. I went with mining and skinning because gathering professions are more profitable than crafting professions, but you can still make plenty with just mining.

The older ores are still sellable on the auction house, but of course you won’t get as much for them unless they’re rare. For a quick hundred gold I can grab up a stack of copper in Elwynn Forest because I can pretty much ignore the mobs.

If you want, you can try soloing some instances for some quick gold. Just find a low level instance, set your difficulty to Mythic, and plow through the mobs for their loot. So far as a level 60 protadin I’ve been able to solo most everything up through Kul Tiras, and I’m not very good when it comes to combat. Someone who actually knows what they’re doing would probably have an easier time.

At any rate, you should be able to solo most everything in Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Pandaria, Broken Isles, and Northrend without too many issues if you’re max level. That gives you a lot of opportunities to make some quick gold, if not a lot of it.

I also recommend fishing at the Darkmoon Faire. Between the Daggermaws and the Bloated Threshers, you can get yourself quite a bit for some really lazy effort if you’re not keen on a lot of combat. It’s a good opportunity to jump on voice chat with your guild or listen to some music or a podcast, as long as you’re willing to pay attention to your fishing bobber. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I enjoy it.