How to enable unit frame click-through for right mouse button during combat?

I strafe, so I use right mouse button to turn my character. I would like my right mouse button to be able to click through my unit frames while healing in a raid so I can turn without having to move my mouse off my raid frames.

I use Clique, but I can only seem to disable the drop down menu, I still can’t turn my character while hovering over the raid frames.

This would be a much appreciated quality of life change, thanks.

I’m 90% certain you can’t selectively enable click though of frames so making them click-through-able will disable your ability to select people and use Clique on the frames at all.

If that’s the case then it’s a shame. Having to move my mouse away from unit frames to turn my character seems like a problem that should have been fixed ages ago, but surprisingly few people either use right mouse to turn, or even care that this is a thing.

I wonder if there’s a better method I am not seeing here, because turning with A&D is too slow and turning with RMB requires me to move my cursor to turn. Do any other addons do this, like Vuhdo or Grid? I’m currently using base Elvui frames with Clique only, and may soon make the switch.

1 Like

I personally use both, mouse + QWEASD; if I’m over frames A/D to pivot but I use mouseover macros rather than click-casting.

As far as I know any frames will behave the same, they eat mouse clicks (which is why you can’t bind mouseover spells to mouse 4/5 by default).

A frame will or will not respond to mouse clicks based on <frame>:EnableMouse(boolean) setting for it.

I don’t know how manipulable Unit Frames are but frames in general don’t necessarily eat mouse clicks.

VuhDo can fake this with it’s builtin command MouseLook.

It looks like it functions by changing the on click script to

if IsMouselooking() then MouselookStop() else MouselookStart() end
https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/vuhdo/issues/513
2 Likes