How to download classic addons on twitch?

Title? Any suggestions will be appreciated lol

Install them through the file directory like a caveman.

1 Like

Seriously? That’s dogs**t

People are saying the Twitch app shows the classic addons, but only if you don’t have retail installed.

The Twitch app doesn’t know the difference between what’s for classic or retail. So it’s really confusing. It needs better filters.

If you have the twitch app, go to mods, world of warcraft, and then in the top right there is a black box with path to retail on your comp. If you have classic downloaded you should be able to click it and a drop down menu should show the path to wow classic. Click on it and then you can search and download addons like normal. But keep in mind that it doesn’t only show classic addons so you have to sort by wow version and this is not always accurate so read descriptions and it helps if you know what you want before you go search twitch.
I have downloaded apps this way for both retail and classic without issue.

3 Likes

So… It’s sounding to me like they probably won’t have any real system at all until after launch? Great…

Honestly, I think it’s pretty fun. When I was on the stress test, it felt like I was a kid in a candy shop, putting whatever I wanted into my addon basket.

Twitch needs to stop slacking and have a separate add-on section just for Classic

3 Likes

Just checked Twitch and it seems like they have now updated it so that when you select classic in the path box it now shows you the addons that just work with classic.

1 Like

Curse is always slow to make adjustments.

Addon authors are just now getting the ability to properly version label their addons. On top of that, it looks like some addons might work with both versions.

Give them time to update the client. They have no choice.

I had heard that Minion was working for addons on WoWi

1 Like

Install them manually. Get that authentic vanilla experience.

3 Likes

Not true. I have retail and Twitch has had a selection box in the upper right to choose between retail and classic for a couple of days now.

1 Like

I mean, that’s been there forever, that drop down. people were saying it’ll only show classic addons if you don’t have retail installed, but this is second hand knowledge.

To be honest I am not sure either. I had the classic addons show up in the window but if you updated them it was pulling the 8.2. So that was broken at that time. Perhaps they have that fixed now or soon.

They got it working recently.

Here, I can show you: Select your Classic install in the upper right dropdown and then click refresh in the upper left and search for Deja and it will show all my addons. You can see most work with 8.2 AS WELL as classic. Although it only shows 8.2 in the compatibility list.

However, if you look you will see that Deja Classic Stats shows 1.13.2 because it is only compatible with Classic and you will also see that Deja Character Stats is not listed because it is only compatible with retail 8.2.

So it is working, albeit confusing or at least unintuitive.

Cheers!

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for the video it really helped

1 Like

just type in Classic when you have your Classic directory open in Twitch and is will show you all the up to date addons that it has so far

And I am telling you that it’s not “second-hand knowledge” to me. I have BOTH and it’s working just fine to find and dl addons for CLASSIC for me.

1 Like