How to Disable Tips/Tutorial in Exiles Reach?

How on earth do you disable this insanely persistent tutorial?

Ffs, it’s ridiculous, get a new piece of gear in your bag, and the tip stays there til you put it on. Take it back off because you have heirlooms, and it pops right back up, wtf blizz? Be gone with you infernal blasted tutorial!

13 Likes

Interface > Display > Bottom Right

24 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

It drove me crazy too. Good to know there’s a way to turn it off.

5 Likes

It really ought to automatically disable once you’ve had one character that’s been through it.

At least it’s easy to turn off.

8 Likes

I think that should be the last tutorial tip the intro gives you; “You are all set! Want to disable tutorials for your next adventures? Go to Interface > Display > and disable tutorials! You can always turn them on later!”

9 Likes

That’s a super good idea, so we know they’ll never implement it.

4 Likes

This is the reason tutorial is so obnoxious - people can’t even bother to check settings themselves to turn it off, they need tutorial even for that

1 Like

True to a degree, but you have to consider that if tutorials are meant for new players, you should tell them how to turn them off as well -even as a way to make them check the interface and system options-

tbh… if people need to ask how to disable tutorials, it seems like those tutorials are probably needed.

it’s standard for all UI elements to be managed via interface options.

an experienced player would know this… wouldn’t they?

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I actually did look, a few times, just kept missing it. Kind of like, when you lose your keys, and you’ve looked everywhere only to find they were setting right there on the table the whole time, just blending in, then you feel like a jackass lol. I’ve been playing this game for years and have disabled the tutorial before on previous computers. The tutorial doesnt need to be obnoxious at all. Really, what they need is for it to be like every other game out there, have a little tip at the bottom of the text box of the tutorial pop ups that tells you the hotkey to disable the tutorial. Or in WoW’s case, where to find the check box.

this is so frustrating, blizzard has no way to remember tooltips/tips off and every single character gets 1 million popup tips we already know, why is this the only thing in game we cannot account wide shut off?

3 Likes

This is why some players make game experience less than pleasant. The options to turn off the tutorial did not work when choosing the “new” start area and even turning off the tutorial once you reach Org did not work… I will choose the old path from now on