How to disable Mimiron's Head mount sound?

Not sure if this should be here but…
I really like the mount and I also really hate how annoying the sound is…

I googled(forums, addons, weakauras) and couldnt find any solution
Is there any way to turn the sound off?

Not really.

Ask on the Macro & UI forum if sound overrides are still possible. I’m not sure how to do them anymore with the new file structure.

1 Like

First, you will need to create a Sound folder in your WoW folder. Here is the folder structure for mine:

\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Sound

There are subfolders under the Sound folder that place the below mentioned blank files into the correct path. Here is the path for Mimiron’s files:

\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Sound\Creature\MimironHeadMount

Now, you will need to create blank sound files for these specific sounds. To do that, just create 4 blank text files and name them the following:

MimironHeadMount_JumpEnd.ogg

MimironHeadMount_JumpStart.ogg

MimironHeadMount_Run.ogg

MimironHeadMount_Walk.ogg

So, just take those 4 files you just created and place them into the full folder path shown above and that should silence the Mimiron mount.

15 Likes

To disable sound effects press Ctrl + S.

How do you know the folder structure? Like “Creature” subfolder in this case

Because there’s an another annoying sound that I want to remove which is the Water Elemental affected by Glyph of Storm’s Wake, there’s a huge tide noise when it moves.

The sound file name should be MON_WaterElemental_Mount_FlightMovement_Start_Oneshot

The addon “Mute Annoying WoW Sounds” has quite a bit of blank sounds already created.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/mute-wow-sounds

That is what I used to get the Mimiron sound files I had.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for linking that

1 Like

You’re welcome. Hopefully it can help you.

I have a similar issue. The Acherus Deathcharger default sound effect matches the resonant frequency of my skull and makes me want to peel the skin out of my ear canals with hot spoons because that would hurt slightly less. I had something similar to Mute Annoying WoW Sounds grandfathered in (based on an old Wrath-era addon called “Quiet That Horse”) and I moved the Sound folder to retail as MAWoWS directs, but none of my replacement sounds is working (I ended up changing a few others). What am I doing wrong? Do I have to rename the files themselves?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I currently use the Mute Annoying WoW Sounds addon and these are the files I have for the Acherus Deathcharger:

• DeathKnightMountAggro.ogg
  • DeathKnightMountAttack1.ogg
  • DeathKnightMountAttack2.ogg
  • DeathKnightMountAttack3.ogg
  • DeathKnightMountWound1.ogg
  • DeathKnightMountWound2.ogg
  • DeathKnightMountWound3.ogg
  • DeathKnightMountWound4.ogg
  • DeathKnightMountWoundCritical1.ogg
  • DeathKnightMountWoundDeath1.ogg

My file structure is:

\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Sound\Creature\DeathKnightMount

There’s also:
World of Warcraft\_retail_\sound\spells\summonwarhorse.ogg
as well as:
World of Warcraft\_retail_\sound\spells\deathknight_summonwarhorse_impact_base.ogg

2 Likes

Huh. Weird. Okay, I guess the place I was messing up was trying to test sound replacements for other sounds. The Acherus Deathcharger seems to work okay, but I didn’t want to test using that in case the replacement sound didn’t play.

Soooo now I just have to figure out why the Quilboar aggro and death sound effects I was using to test are still playing default…

one that I never found was the Warrior crash landing sound from Legion, tried a few I thought were it , but no dice :O(

Are you talking about the intermittent sound of a flying mount landing?
Now every 3 to 5 seconds, “falump-poosh”.

nah the crash landing sound Warriors made when jumping from Skyhold.

Thanks for replying. I wish I could fix the sound I was referring to.