How to create a character for Lich King Classic?

How do I create a character for LKC when it goes live or before hand. I am sure many will want to create asap to get certain names for their toon, but I cannot find anything at all. Is it better to create one from scratch or to create on on BCC and transfer over?

If it works like the changeover from Classic to TBCC worked, it will essentially clone the servers. One TBCC and one WotLKC. This will include any characters that you already have in TBCC. You’ll then get the option to keep your current character in TBCC, or to transfer fully over into LKC. Once you make your choice, it will delete the other version of the character.

Assuming that is how things will go this time, the best way to make your character for Lich King as of this moment is to make it in TBCC. The caveat being that I haven’t really payed much attention to how they’re planning to do it this time around, so I could very well be wrong.

They aren’t doing this for the Burning Crusade Classic to Wrath Classic transition. All BC servers will just progress to Wrath servers. (Like they originally did.) There won’t be any era BC servers.

So, to answer your question, Barclay, you have a couple of options.

First, you can just pick a current Burning Crusade Classic server and make your character there. (You can also start leveling. There’s an XP buff currently going on in BCC you can take advantage of.)

Second, they will have some fresh Wrath servers that will go live on August 30th. (When the prepatch goes live.) I haven’t seen anything about name reservation. Keep an eye out for announcement posts about fresh servers, but it may just be a mad rush when servers go up on the 30th. Here’s the post for the release schedule:

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply