How to cater to everyone

I feel like WoW developers are stunted creatively because they try to cater to every people of different mentality. Mentally unhealthy, and mentaly healthy people. Well I tell you, to benefit everyone, target people who think healthily that way it benifits both healthy and unhealthy people.

Oh, look, it’s yet another “Anduin showing emotions is bad” thread.

8 Likes

Huh?

2 Likes

The problem with that idea is that everybody thinks they are on the side that thinks healthily, and that the opposite side is the unhealthy one.

What do you mean?

There are very few NPCs that can be described as “catering to the mentally unhealthy.” Pretty much Anduin and the Alzheimer’s dwarf

tacos bro erybody happy if u got tacos

2 Likes

I’d… rather see something more concrete before I level that accusation. I thought maybe you’d seen OP post about Anduin before, or something, but without that background, and knowing GD’s inability to communicate clearly, I’d rather see an elaboration first.

Also enjoy that run-on. Looks gross. I’ll leave my shame in the open.

The three zones in Khaz-Algar is like neapolitan ice cream. Trying to cater to everyone’s flavor.

Good idea. It would help those “weird” people stuck back in the Victorian era of the 19th century to join us in the 21st century.

1 Like

What is your definition of “mentally unhealthy”?

If someone is depressed, i highly suggest that they play this game.
Perhaps it will make them feel better!

Yes. But a person wont get better by doing things that’s making them depressed. They get better in game cause of the positive “healthy” things about it.

Sometimes writing perfect characters who do everything right and never feel sad, MAKES people sad, because they can’t live up to that.

It’s hard to do a good job on this. It’s a very delicate balance, writing characters who ultimately do the right thing and yet aren’t perfect. We also won’t believe they really have flaws if they simply overcome them every time. Delicate. Balance.

Not everybody can do it.

Try to cater to everyone, you end up catering to no one

First time I actually liked Anduin in a while. Didn’t mope didnt second guess himself. Just a stoic look then gets to business with healing.

An actual great scene that had a heart warming feel that wasnt plague with “I don wanit”

1 Like

I LOVE tacos, especially with TONS OD PROVOLONE CHEESE :smiley:

1 Like

Also, being accepting people where ever they are is also a positive thing. But they wont get better by if you pamper their negative thinking or something like that, idk how to describe it better.

1 Like

no they don’t even try to cater to everyone - they try to cater to the sweaty people and everyone else might as well quit playing.

Sounds so good

casuals and sweats both pay their bill. thats what it comes down to really.

and the dopamine… my “mentally unhealthy” brain likes the dopamine. I don’t really need anything else. Just pop random chests on the screen and let me open them.